Valued Contributor

Seriously, if I hear one more host mention buying and wearing a fashion item to go pumpkin picking, or I guess the new one for this year is pumpkin patching, I'm going to gag. As if anyone would buy something for that reason. Personally, I don't know a single person including myself who has even done this in the last 10 years let alone weekly like these hosts imply. I literally can't watch most of the programs this time of year for this reason. The show on right now with Amy and Alberti, they have mentioned this at least 6 times in the first hour and a half! Come on guys, get a new schtick -please!

Honored Contributor

@KittySoftPaws 

Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy

I've never seen a pumpkin patch or know where I would find one.

I live on the east side of Mahattan ... our pumpkins are in a big box in the supermarket produce section. 

No special clothes needed.

---------------------------------------------

@KittySoftPaws wrote:

Seriously, if I hear one more host mention buying and wearing a fashion item to go pumpkin picking, or I guess the new one for this year is pumpkin patching, I'm going to gag.  As if anyone would buy something for that reason. Personally, I don't know a single person including myself who has even done this in the last 10 years let alone weekly like these hosts imply. I literally can't watch most of the programs this time of year for this reason. The show on right now with Amy and Alberti, they have mentioned this at least 6 times in the first hour and a half! Come on guys, get a new schtick -please!

Honored Contributor

Yes, that time of year for the pumpkin patch referencing.  Depending on where you live and what's in your area for entertainment for kids,  that is something you would partake in.  More geared toward families but there are many in our area that offer hayrides, mazes, even walk through scary houses where things pop out at you.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't need a new or special outfit to do any of those things. Around here people wear jeans and sweatshirts to the pumpkin patch. 

Respected Contributor

We had a local farm not far from me, who for years had hay rides, farm stands, and a pumpkin patch.  Everyone took their toddlers and young children or grandchildren, picked their own pumpkins, then had a bonfire after picking.  Several weekends in October..  I don’t think it’s still open, and it was usually chilly, so not sure what they wore.  Certainly not something you needed a dedicated outfit for.  

@ALRATIBA   What?  Manhattan doesn’t have a pumpkin patch?    I know you love NYC living.  Sounds fun. (Or at least very convenient).  I never lived downtown in a major city.  

Trusted Contributor

They should say... this is the perfect (insert item) to wear to get a pumpkin spice latte. 

LOL!!  I think that's more likely.  

In my area, I know a lot of people got to farms that offer hay rides to out into the field to pick out a pumpkin.  So it's not completely beyond the realm of things to do around here come fall.  BUT!  you go one time a year and probably wear something you don't mind getting muddy.  

Honored Contributor

I'd wear the oldest items I had, 'ya know like what I would wear to paint a room!  LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Pumpkin Patching???

[ Edited ]

@KittySoftPaws wrote:

Seriously, if I hear one more host mention buying and wearing a fashion item to go pumpkin picking, or I guess the new one for this year is pumpkin patching, I'm going to gag. As if anyone would buy something for that reason. Personally, I don't know a single person including myself who has even done this in the last 10 years let alone weekly like these hosts imply. I literally can't watch most of the programs this time of year for this reason. The show on right now with Amy and Alberti, they have mentioned this at least 6 times in the first hour and a half! Come on guys, get a new schtick -please!

100, 1000, Trillion percent! Has bugged me for years, only b'cuz it's been said, over and over and over and over and over and over and over for....yeaaaars. Come up with something else people...that's why they pay you the big bucks!

It's like how overdone the "you can wear this as a beach cover up" is for every dang item they can think of, or ie., most items you'd NEVER dream of wearing "as a beach cover up!"

I just turned off fashion's night in...I'm not one of those chompin' at the bit for fall...I love to enjoy the season I'm in, fully and until it's over. And right now...I'm lovin' the heat and everything that goes with it. 😎🏖☀️🍹

Unless of course it's winter, lolol....then I'm ready for the gardening shows in Feb!! 🌸❄️🌺❄️🌼 💐

I cannot, will not, look at fleece items now, or boots and leggings and dark, dreary colors! Not a fan of winter duds anyway.

But I get it, many love it~enjoy all the "fall sneek peeks"~Enjoy.

And I do know retail has to be ahead...just sayin' I never even think or shop ahead until the season comes. And I've never missed out on anything really.

I'm just a true summer gal. And....newsflash....just because poor July has been co-opted now by retailers everywhere with a SECOND Christmas?! oy, all the dang month long....it IS still summer...for TWO more months. And Christmas in Dec. is plenty for me. ok ok...rant over.

But, back to pumpkin patches!!....I buy my pumpkins at a farm stand at the side of the road. Others, with kids and grandkids, I do see at our local farm store out in the field...pickin' out pumpkins...wonder if they have on their $180.00 Miz Mooz boots doing it?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pumpkin Patching???

[ Edited ]

Many pumpkin farms in my area. Hay rides,  sm train rides for young children, farm animals , food trucks.  It's fun to take young children and even for adults to get outside.

However, there are  numerous  vine yards , various Distilleries  and art  / music / food festivals for adults. Also a big county fair .

I to am tired of their pumpkin patch or apple picking  mantras , even though those are activities that I have enjoyed.   I can't bear to hear that groaning noise that Mary or some of the other Hosts make when they talk abt  pumkin / apple picking.  Grow up ! Those noises won't encourage me to buy. I wear boots or shoes that I can clean off easily as you are mostly walking through dirt/ mud/ straw ., other wise I wear what I want jeans or a dress .

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't know where to find a pumpkin patch. I think there is one at Schnepf Farms in Queen Creek Az. It's still tee shirt and shorts weather even in October.