Esteemed Contributor

Poll--Bra reach around to snap or snap in front & twist around?

I've always started by snapping in front and then twisting the bra around to get the snaps in back (and breasts in cups, of course). I can't imagine having to reach behind my back to put on a bra. I put one on like this because that's what my mom did. Which method do you use?

Honored Contributor

Re: Poll--Bra reach around to snap or snap in front & twist around?

In the past I have had hooks in back & front.  Now I have the Spanx Bra's that I step into and pull up.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361  That's the correct method. 😝 Unless someone else is unhooking you! 

Honored Contributor

I do mine from the back. Even though I'm quite old, one of the YouTube exercises I do has a bit of "back-stroke" exercises incorporated.  I'm guessing that's what is helping to keep my shoulders limber.

Respected Contributor

I have always closed the bra in front, then spin it around and finish putting myself into it.  I don't have the flexibility/dexterity to fasten it from behind.  

I din't think there is one right way to do it.  Whichever is more comfortable is the right way.

Respected Contributor

I reach around and hook it from the back.
Trusted Contributor

I've always hooked my bra in the back, with the exception of a time with a torn rotator cuff...never did the front hook and flip around.

Honored Contributor

If you speak with a bra fitter, there is only one proper way and that is to hook it in the back after nestling the breasts into the cups.  But, I can never get both hooks hooked that way, so I hook in front and twist it around to the back.  I'm an A-cup, so there's not much nestling to do.  I generally bend forward and pull what's there forward from the side within the cup.  

Honored Contributor

My bra I just pull over my head. There are no closures.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I hook it in front then spin it around.  Not because I can't reach the back, I just can't get all the hooks hooked.

My mother does it the other way, and now that she's old, she seldom catches more than one or two hooks (and they're always wonky).