Honored Contributor

Re: Poll--Bra reach around to snap or snap in front & twist around?

I snap in front and spin around.

I have had bras that snapped in front, but have worn this brand and back snap style since it came out.

Honored Contributor

I cannot imagine blindly trying to hook a bra in the back - expecailly one that has 4 hooks.  It would take me forever to do that so I used the hook in front method but still a problem twisting to the back unless the bra hooked to be loose.   I have only worn  racerback front hook bras for around 20 years as the regular straps cause neck and shoulder pain.  No issues hooking or zipping in front..

Respected Contributor

I hook in front and turn it around. Been doing it that way for many years.  If I was a smaller person, I can see how this maneuver may not be necessary.  I've been a size 14 or 16 most of my adult life, and it is so much easier to attach the bra in the front of my body where I can see the hooks, than to fumble blindly to attach it in the back.

Honored Contributor

Hook in front and twist around.   

One thing I could never figure out. You know those hooks to make "racer-back" straps?

How do they hook that?  (I remove that hook because you can see it under knit tops.)

Honored Contributor

There is no right way that works for every body type, so personal dexterity and other bust issues determines what's possible and/or what's easier to do. 

I know I have a different bust not only from the one I had as a young woman, but I also know I have a different bust from most QVC shoppers.  Today's proof -  the TSV is offered in my size.  I don't mean it's sold out already in my size-  it was never even offered and that's not at all rare.  

What does that mean for this poll?  Probably that my answer (hook in the back) may be the minority answer.  What does that mean for me?  Just one more reason I'd advise young women who want bigger breasts to be careful what they pay for!  Mine came free to me. I've tried the hook in the front method; no reason to adopt it. 

Honored Contributor

Step in and pull up, a couple of adjustments - DONE!  Been doing this since genie bras came to (qvc) town. Never looked back.

Yes in the 'olden days' I did the hook in the front and spin it around, set in place with adjustments. Never again.

Esteemed Contributor

Since my shoulder surgery a few years ago, my right arm doesn't bend around to my back like it used to. I use the step-in and pull-up method for all bras. I keep them all hooked all the time and step into them. Whatever works!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Always reach around, it's easy for me...I'm 71 & I've done it that way since I started wearing a bra. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I've always started by snapping in front and then twisting the bra around to get the snaps in back (and breasts in cups, of course). I can't imagine having to reach behind my back to put on a bra. I put one on like this because that's what my mom did. Which method do you use?

@Goldengate8361 

Never, ever have I done what you described.  Sounds uncomfortable to me, but I guess it isn't if that's what you've been doing.  Small boobies here.

Now I can't wait to read what everyone else is doing, ha ha.

ETA Having read the replies, can I say that I'm amazed?  I had no idea a lot of women were doing this twist around thing.  I'm 73 and have no problem whatsoever reaching behind me - and my bras have just 2 hooks, so no problem there either.  But as I mentioned before, maybe having small boobies helps. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

For decades I always could reach behind and hook my bras with no issue.......until 4 years ago. It started aggrevating my left shoulder.

Bought front close bras, problem solved. I am a double DD.

I can't imagine pulling a bra up over my hips since that is where I carry most of my weight.