Honored Contributor

Re: Please, no more cold-shoulder fashion!!!!!!!!!!!

The cold shoulder has been around for eons.  For those that say QVC or the QVC stylists are pushing it -- you do know there's a world out there beyond QVC, correct?  That look is huge all over the retail/fashion industry.  Yes, I see it where I live as well.  QVC designers make clothes that will sell; they don't even have to like them themselves.

I don't like shark bite hems, hi-lo hems, cascading cardigans, or block heels on shoes.  But alas, those styles apparently sell big-time, much to my utter distaste.  I just let them pass me by and buy what I like.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri36 wrote:

I never understand when people say they don't like something that it shouldn't be made or sold.   

I don't like vests, but I'm not about to outlaw them.   Lol

Just don't  buy whatever it is you don't like.   Other people might like them...

There's actually an attempt to legally ban vests in our small town. I've read the proposal, and I'm not so sure the anti vestites  have the numbers to pass by referendum just yet.

They may take a step back and work on sleeveless undershirts.......

@Yes, I absolutely agree, @Bri36! And we must never forget, since "cheap" has no generally shared visual characteristics, nothing can "look" cheap!

Esteemed Contributor

@violann ~ Seriously?   A whole town wants to ban vests????  Makes me wonder what kind of people live there that they would find a vest so offensive.

Different strokes..... I like vests and I like cold shoulders.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@violann, how do you get vests banned?  What is the reason to ban vests?

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

@violann ~ Seriously?   A whole town wants to ban vests????  Makes me wonder what kind of people live there that they would find a vest so offensive.

Different strokes..... I like vests and I like cold shoulders.

No, @tototwo. Most definitely NOT "seriously"!

Honored Contributor

OK, I admit it. Conversations about "no one" and "get rid of" etc. do bring out a naughty desire to respond in kind, in defense of whatever is being described.

As it happens, I have a VERY unsightly lipoma on my left shoulder, replete with large blue veins and waxy, shiny white, so there is no chance under the sun that I'd EVER espouse the cold shoulder look.

That said, I believe in one's absolute right to wear ANYTHING he or she likes.

Esteemed Contributor

OK, @violann, you got me!   Guess I need another cup of coffee..........

Ha!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I don't understand the hostlity some have for anything that they don't like.  It's not like that is all there is to buy and wear.  There is enough variety in fashion to suit everyone.  There are a lot of looks that don't appeal to me  but so many others like and wear them.  How boring the world would be if everyone had the same taste in fashion!!

Perfectly said!!! There are many things that I don't care for but i don't bash it for those who do like it.  Variety is the spice of life.  It would be boring if everyone liked and wore the samething. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your opinion doesn't match mine and I don't understand posts like this.

I see far more non cold-shoulder items than cold-shoulder items everywhere so there shouldn't be any issue with anyone trying to find tops or any other clothing that suit their needs.

If you don't like cold-shoulder items, don't buy them.   There is no need to dictate what should and shouldn't be shown or sold based on your opinion.  I happen to like some cold-shoulder and split sleeve items. 

Buy and wear what you like and the rest of us will do the same. 

To say these look good on no one is silly and ridiculous.  First of all, I'm sure you've not seen everyone in a cold-shoulder top.  I know I rock them.  And if you see me in one and think it's ugly, I don't really care.  I have enough self confidence in my clothing choices that I don't need compliments on what I wear.  If I wear something and not one person says anything about it, it doesn't prevent me from continuing to wear it. 

If I wear something and get a million compliments on it but I'm not comfortable in it and I'm not feeling it, I'm not going to wear it.  I dress for me, not for anyone else and I have to like what I'm wearing and feel comfortable in it.       

Honored Contributor

@dow wrote:

How did you turn what I said into "it shouldn't be made or sold"?  This is why I don't like forums.  One person states an opinion and it gets totally twisted around.

Stupid.

No one twisted anything around.  You need to re-read your own post.  In fact, just read the heading.  You yourself posted "No nore cold-shoulder fashion!!!!!!!!!"