Honored Contributor

Re: Please, no more cold-shoulder fashion!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

I like them on some women. They can be quite alluring on the right woman. We were out to dinner the other night and a pretty woman had on a turtleneck that appeared to be cashmere with a cold shoulder detail. She looked elegant and beautifully dressed. That's why I try to keep an open mind with any style...there is always someone who will look good in maybe something that would not look good on me.. Options are a good thing..

Honored Contributor

@dow

Out of curiosity what would you have those of us that enjoy our cold shoulders do with this helpful information? Crawl in a hole? Burn our wardrobes? "oh no! @dow hates cold shoulders!"

And so many others so willing to berate and insult and for what purpose??

It's a crushing blow really and we'll be sure to take it all under advisement....

Esteemed Contributor

@dow wrote:

How did you turn what I said into "it shouldn't be made or sold"?  This is why I don't like forums.  One person states an opinion and it gets totally twisted around.

Stupid.

First you insult women who might like, own and wear a cold shoulder top, and then YOU play the victim card?  Speaking of twisted...

Respected Contributor

I didn't read all of the replies..but my thought is if you do not like the style do not order them.

Often times we see complaints on here about the clothes benig old and fuddy duddy..so when they bring in a trending style ...people complain.

There is no pleasing everybody -so the simplest thing is not order something that is not to your liking. There are thousands of customers out there..

Choose your battles  - don't like it..don't order it..others may.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Your opinion doesn't match mine and I don't understand posts like this.

I see far more non cold-shoulder items than cold-shoulder items everywhere so there shouldn't be any issue with anyone trying to find tops or any other clothing that suit their needs.

If you don't like cold-shoulder items, don't buy them.   There is no need to dictate what should and shouldn't be shown or sold based on your opinion.  I happen to like some cold-shoulder and split sleeve items. 

Buy and wear what you like and the rest of us will do the same. 

To say these look good on no one is silly and ridiculous.  First of all, I'm sure you've not seen everyone in a cold-shoulder top.  I know I rock them.  And if you see me in one and think it's ugly, I don't really care.  I have enough self confidence in my clothing choices that I don't need compliments on what I wear.  If I wear something and not one person says anything about it, it doesn't prevent me from continuing to wear it. 

If I wear something and get a million compliments on it but I'm not comfortable in it and I'm not feeling it, I'm not going to wear it.  I dress for me, not for anyone else and I have to like what I'm wearing and feel comfortable in it.       

@Lipstickdiva  Bravo, beautifully said.  I think I rock them too.  I have yet to see someone wearing one that didn't look good in it.  I think they are so sexy looking and my DH loves when I wear them too.

Super Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Your opinion doesn't match mine and I don't understand posts like this.

I see far more non cold-shoulder items than cold-shoulder items everywhere so there shouldn't be any issue with anyone trying to find tops or any other clothing that suit their needs.

If you don't like cold-shoulder items, don't buy them.   There is no need to dictate what should and shouldn't be shown or sold based on your opinion.  I happen to like some cold-shoulder and split sleeve items. 

Buy and wear what you like and the rest of us will do the same. 

To say these look good on no one is silly and ridiculous.  First of all, I'm sure you've not seen everyone in a cold-shoulder top.  I know I rock them.  And if you see me in one and think it's ugly, I don't really care.  I have enough self confidence in my clothing choices that I don't need compliments on what I wear.  If I wear something and not one person says anything about it, it doesn't prevent me from continuing to wear it. 

If I wear something and get a million compliments on it but I'm not comfortable in it and I'm not feeling it, I'm not going to wear it.  I dress for me, not for anyone else and I have to like what I'm wearing and feel comfortable in it.       

Wish I could "heart" this post a hundred times!! Spot on!

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  Bravo, beautifully said.  I think I rock them too.  I have yet to see someone wearing one that didn't look good in it.  I think they are so sexy looking and my DH loves when I wear them too.

@Pecky

But how is that possible? There are experts on this very board that proclaim they look 'cheap' 'trashy' 'streetwalker' and that 'no one looks attractive in them'

Woman Wink

My husband likes them too

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@dow

Out of curiosity what would you have those of us that enjoy our cold shoulders do with this helpful information? Crawl in a hole? Burn our wardrobes? "oh no! @dow hates cold shoulders!"

It's a crushing blow really and we'll be sure to take it all under advisement....

@Andreatoo, I don't know about you but I for one have spent my day looking for a support group.  If I find one I'll let you know.

Respected Contributor

I always get compliments when I wear one.   I really don't care if someone doesn't like them and doesn't say anything.   I feel good and look good wearing them.  

There's a lot of ugly fashions out there, but cold shouldn't isn't one of them 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@dow

@Andreatoo, I don't know about you but I for one have spent my day looking for a support group.  If I find one I'll let you know.

@Lipstickdiva Too funny! I've also been looking for a group to support me with the issues I've experienced from my apparent inability to not see how ridiculous, clownish, childish, bag-ladyish, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc I look like in my LOGO fashions. Haven't found one of those either so I suppose I'm on my own in my sad little LOGO world. ***Sigh*** Oh well, I shall bravely carry on in my "hideous" clothing.

Shout out to all the women who don't conform to all this wonderful advice from the "fashion experts" on these boards. We are truly a brave group to so much as show our faces in public. How dare we insult their sensitivites in such a manner.......

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~