Frequent Contributor

Please offer more tops of regular length.. Tunics are not for those who have hips and a rear.. they accent and often grab the butt.....Not becoming on those of us of average height and weight....or those who are high waisted.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please Q Designers

[ Edited ]

I much prefer that length as well.  Tunics are fine, but if you do have anything other than a tiny rear, those long tops only make it look bigger.  Folks think covering it up completely will make it look smaller -- not so. 

Other than when wearing leggings or yoga pants, why the long tops/tunics with everything?

In fact, if you have a top that falls at the top of the thigh, as opposed to fingertip length, your rear will appear smaller!  It's that visual line across the rear that does it.  It was either Isaac Mizrahi or Louis Dell'Olio who said that a long time ago and I've never forgotten it.  I know it works for me.

Esteemed Contributor

agreed! there is a time and place for the tunic length tops but not EVERY top has to be that length nor do they all need to be shark bite, longer in the back or just plain dumb looking.  Some of my favorite tops are from years ago that have a straight hem - before all of the strange hemlines came into fashion.  yes I have some of the new ones for a fashion perspective but I'd like to see tops that have a straight hem as an option, too.

Trusted Contributor

I buy tunics from QVC because I can't find the variety of colors or styles at retail.  I like tunics to cover my waist and "belly".  Not sure about my butt area, but the tummy does look better. 

Respected Contributor
I buy tunic length because on my almost 6 foot frame, they are the correct length.
Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I much prefer that length as well.  Tunics are fine, but if you do have anything other than a tiny rear, those long tops only make it look bigger.  Folks think covering it up completely will make it look smaller -- not so. 

Other than when wearing leggings or yoga pants, why the long tops/tunics with everything?

In fact, if you have a top that falls at the top of the thigh, as opposed to fingertip length, your rear will appear smaller!  It's that visual line across the rear that does it.  It was either Isaac Mizrahi or Louis Dell'Olio who said that a long time ago and I've never forgotten it.  I know it works for me.

I agree......i feel the same way about the tunics accentuating the stomach bulge and rear view.....i have stood in front of the mirror with reg length and tunic and def feel the regular/top of thigh length is so much more

complimentary..............................and i think i heard Louis

D. talk about the shirt lengths a while back also....

Honored Contributor

@9531 wrote:

Please offer more tops of regular length.. Tunics are not for those who have hips and a rear.. they accent and often grab the butt.....Not becoming on those of us of average height and weight....or those who are high waisted.

I agree. I don't buy a lot of QVC tops for this reason - I'm 5' tall and QVC designers are obsessed with covering a woman's rear end, so most QVC tops are tunic length on me, even if not advertised as such.

Covering your rear end with a top does not hide or camouflage it, it draws attention to it and makes it look bigger. I don't know why QVC insists on trying to convince us otherwise.

Honored Contributor

Said this before, Years ago Oprah Winfrey show, Demonstrated how extra fabric adds weight to stomach and behind. Never understand long layers upon layers or tunic tops. Tried QF omy! Looked 20lbs larger and twenty years older. However! Ocean Dream Sharkbite swimsuit caught my eye! Style is flirty and fun! 58 challenge not looking like I'm trying to hard. 

Honored Contributor

I've been whining about the proliferation of tunics for some time now but I have noticed hemlines going back up Woo hoo!

Every time I watch an SG presentation she's carrying on about 'we love to cover up!'

'I don't do high/low! I do low/lower!' Yes you do and the difference is astounding! While the high/low allows us to see the full extension of ones' legs and elongates yours simply adds pounds!

Sunday night she did what I thought was impossible: She made Sandra look hip-py!

The fact of the matter is that she wouldn't be doing it if the buyers weren't demanding it...but stop pretending it's flattering!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I've been whining about the proliferation of tunics for some time now but I have noticed hemlines going back up Woo hoo!

Every time I watch an SG presentation she's carrying on about 'we love to cover up!'

'I don't do high/low! I do low/lower!' Yes you do and the difference is astounding! While the high/low allows us to see the full extension of ones' legs and elongates yours simply adds pounds!

Sunday night she did what I thought was impossible: She made Sandra look hip-py!

The fact of the matter is that she wouldn't be doing it if the buyers weren't demanding it...but stop pretending it's flattering!

Second this! Tried SG tops returned take responsibility not double checking length. Refuse purchasing any tops longer than 26 inchs. Definitely! No Tunics. Do like SG creations- why? She won't bring shorter styles I'll never understand. Qvc loosing business! I'm not the only one not spending money.