Trusted Contributor

I wore them in the 70's. Turned my ankle a few times but gee they were in fashion so I kept right on wearing them. Woman Very Happy

I had a pair of raffia summer platforms from the early 1940's made in Cuba (inside tag). I found them in my late great aunt's apartment after she passed away. Not too high and the espadrille-like construction made them easy to walk in. So many people wanted to know where I bought them! I loved them and wore them for a long time. When my daughter was in sixth grade she wore them too! Then her feet grew..... Everything old is new again.

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining  I know how you feel.  A couple years ago I had to purge all my high heels that I loved.  Hadn't been able to wear them for awhile and finally bit the bullet and let them go.

This year I purged all my other heels.  I am now down to flats or 1-1/2" max.

I used to be able to run all over town and dance all night in my heels of any height.  Never did like the look of platforms tho.

Honored Contributor

Don't buy shoes that don't work for you.  Especially don't buy shoes you can't walk safely in.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with you! I couldn't imagine wearing platform sandals anywhere! I'm afraid I'd break my ankle. 

Honored Contributor

I prefer platforms to heels.

Honored Contributor

At 5'1" I love a platform shoe!  I hate being the shortest one wherever I go among other adults. 

I'm 68 (about to turn 69 next week) and feel that as long as it's a stable platform I don't feel afraid of falling.

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone.

I wore really high ones in the 70s too - loved 'em.  No more tho.

Honored Contributor

I love platforms, I find them to be stable to wear.  

Respected Contributor

I'm quite surprised platforms are still so popular.

Not for me. Cat Indifferent

Honored Contributor

I am 5'1" and have never had a problem walking in heels or platform shoes.  I would still wear them if I had an occasion to.

I really don't go anywhere where they could be worn. I mostly live in sandals or clogs...my clogs do have a platform sole, but not very high.