Honored Contributor

Hopefully I'm going to be traveling for three days next January. Where I live has rough winters, and Las Vegas is cold in January too. So I've already been looking a bit for a packable jacket because I don't own one. I'd like to get a good one that I can get plenty of other wear from as well.

Lands End sent me a catalog this past week, with a 40% off promo. They have this ultralight packable down jacket. I like these two colors too. Does anyone own a Lands End packable down jacket, or any other one that is warm and actually packable? And affordable. I will be wearing it obviously, but I'm also going to attempt to just take a carry on too. Lol.

I think now is the time to get one, while the selection is good.

502807_FW18_FF_F46.jpeg502807_FW18_FF_N83.jpeg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I don't have any from LE, but the  32Degrees brand they are very useful

Honored Contributor

The Lands End jacket is $109 which is ridiculous, but doable at 40% off. 

Honored Contributor

down Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad

Super Contributor

Re: Packable Down Jackets

[ Edited ]

Ultralight 850 down hooded coat

I bought one several years ago from LL Bean (similar to coat in link).  It kept me toasty warm for Christmas in NYC and I still wear it for the cold weather/snow/sleet here in NC.  I paid about $150 for it using a 20% discount at the time.  I love it and, yes, it packs and travels beautifully.

I remember spotting the coat about this time of year and I kept checking back until I was able to get it at a reduced price in late November or early December.

Honored Contributor

@zanna That's a beautiful coat. I already have a maxi puffer coat. For this trip I think short is more practical, hopefully would be enough for the amount of time I would be outside. 

If I was looking for a new winter coat period yours would be the one. LL Bean is great quality.

Super Contributor

I understand your reasons for wanting the jacket length.  I just insist on keeping my rear end warm!  Just wanted to let you know that they are packable and WARM.  Excellent investment!

Esteemed Contributor

I have a similar jacket - ultra-lite, packable, down, and I really like it. Very comfortable yet warm. I don't like it when the weather is frigid because my thighs aren't covered, but for temps in the 20s or so, it's a great jacket.

Contributor

I bought a packable (and yes, it actually came with a little ruck sack attached to roll up for travel) Michael Kors puffer down coat from Macys online last winter and couldn't be happier with my purchase. 

You can get great deals with their sales, and while the tag read something like $369, and it surely wasn't worth that much, I think I paid $125.  Though advertised as a jacket, it turned out that it was more like a coat at just above knee, which I would have never worn.   But I liked it so much I asked my tailor if she was able to shorten this feather, zip-front coat to a jacket, and for another $25, I had it done, and it turned out fabulous. 

This jacket, though it's a puffer, is not bulky, is light as air, incredibly soft and warm, and well-made, so I am sure I will have it for many years.  I can't speak for all packables, but if you see a MK one that you like, I wouldn't hesitate.  Happy shopping!

Honored Contributor

I don't care for down filled.

I have several LandsEnd Primaloft jackets and one coat.  Two of the jackets are packable.  Jackets fold up into the pocket.

The coat and jackets very warm, very light weight.