Valued Contributor

Love that Land's End jacket! 

I recently purchased the Martha Stewart Quilted Down Short Sleeve Puffer Jacket (A342397) and adore it. 

Very flattering, warm, on trend, and PACKABLE.  Highly recommend.

Honored Contributor

Re: Packable Down Jackets

[ Edited ]

C0A71D64-D8BC-42A0-8CA4-23CB0F6134EF.jpeg09AA16CE-AA42-4B47-A72E-26F95A5D14D3.jpegI own 4 Lands End Primaloft packable jackets in a few lengths, including the one pictured. It comes in five colors. I love them.  I live in PA and wear them all winter except when I am going to be out for a while in really cold weather.  They are great to just pop on and go running errands.

i also wear them in the spring and fall and have taken them with me on vacation.  They were great for the weather in The Florida panhandle last winter.

They truly pack down into nothing. Some come with a bag and some fold into the pocket. I can carry one in my everyday handbag just fine.

I used to own a LLBean packable down jacket, but my granddaughter borrowed it some time ago and it's now gone forever.  That one slipped over the head with a halfway zipper.

As far as warmth and wear, both types were excellent.  I have found that the Primaloft is easier to wash and dry and there is no down working it's way out.  I also own a Lands End Chalet full length down coat and it Is super warm.  Occasionally the down does work it's way through the fabric...not much though.

i think either a down or Primaloft would both work well for you. The down is definitely warmer and more suited for super cold weather.  The Primaloft is a four season jacket. I wear mine on the lake at night during the summer months too when it gets chilly.

Just search Primaloft on Lands End website if you are interested.  The jackets come in tall, regular and petite...misses and women's and women's petite.  They are all on sale at really reasonable prices.  They are related 5 to 25 degrees, but I have worn them in warmer weather without overheating.

The jacket you posted is really nice.  I love both colors, especially the sea glass.