Respected Contributor

Re: PURCHASED MY FIRST DRESS 👗

Well, I am glad you took the plunge.

Dresses are so fun and pretty and many can really flatter a woman's body.

I cannot count the number I own--soft cotton throw-on's for hot summer days, glitzy sequin long gowns for cruise photo nights, structured business dresses with matching jackets--dresses are ESSENTIAL in my wardrobe!

Really, I think people focus too much on their  (imagined) body flaws--

You only live life once, so be a Fashion Diva and enjoy!!

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I must have at least 15 dresses I wear them all Summer long, they are a lot cooler than pants in the Summer 

@I am still oxox speaking of cool summer clothes...Did you see our beach pants are back?  I'm so excited!!

@Shanus Dress sounds lovely.  I'm sure you'll find a great place to wear it!

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum 

I did thank you , I ordered two the olive print to wear with an olive tee shirt I have and another pair of black. 

@Jtdmum wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I must have at least 15 dresses I wear them all Summer long, they are a lot cooler than pants in the Summer 

@I am still oxox speaking of cool summer clothes...Did you see our beach pants are back?  I'm so excited!!

@Shanus Dress sounds lovely.  I'm sure you'll find a great place to wear it!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus , I can't help but think you will be stunning in that dress when you have the chance to wear it!  But more importantly, wear it often!

PS - I love your posts!  Happy Easter!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Was she going to reciprocate by joining you at a Seder?

Honored Contributor

@Zaimee wrote:

I never wear dresses due to my varicose veins. Found these on Shop HQ and thought I was all set for engagement party, baby shower, and afternoon wedding in April. Oh well, they look nicB0F4E4F1-94DF-4DF7-873F-A2F6DF00055B.jpegin my closet.91E79A91-7E0D-48BB-B728-E2D72CB2412B.jpeg

@Zaimee 

Those are pretty and you look great! Maybe next year you'll wear it for trivia night? LOL

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Shanus 

Was she going to reciprocate by joining you at a Seder?

@Andreatoo   Of course. They live 1//2 hour away and we do the Sedar together every year. The granddaughters and she help with the cooking. Both "events" canceled. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  - you can wear it to the Easter service with her next year, right?  Sounds like a lovely dress.  Can you snap a pic?

I get what you're saying about white legs.  Me too.  Also, if I had Tina-Turner legs, I'd wear shorter dresses.  I only do maxi type dresses in the summer time with a cute pair of sandals.   I also don't care for bottle tans.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK, many positive responses to my first ever non-cocktail, wear to children's' weddings dress. Since I can't go to the tailor to get it hemmed anyway...yet...I'll try it on again today. It's supposed to hit about below or mid-knee. On me, it's almost mid-calf. A midi dress! I may like it better w/o too much leg showing and not have it shortened. That was DD's idea. She suggested an ankle strap low wedge sandal to wear with it.  She's an inch shorter than me and loves midi length sundresses or flowing skirts for summer. At least she did living in balmy VA summers. WA's rainy climate may not be so conducive to a long skirt. 

I've tried petite maxi skirts/dresses and still at least 8" to a foot needs to come off, so midi length (purchasing a regular length dress for others 😜) may work out fine. I purchase women's capris or crops and they're the perfect length slacks for me w/o alterations. My beef is that all petites do not have a short rise. Right @ECBG? There should be petite slacks that are the same fit as regular slacks, just a shorter inseam length. Some more expensive pants do come in lengths or in a short. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Shanus  - you can wear it to the Easter service with her next year, right?  Sounds like a lovely dress.  Can you snap a pic?

I get what you're saying about white legs.  Me too.  Also, if I had Tina-Turner legs, I'd wear shorter dresses.  I only do maxi type dresses in the summer time with a cute pair of sandals.   I also don't care for bottle tans.

@San Antonio Gal   Let's discuss legs...Tina Turner, no,I wish, but not too bad. They're fairly well purpotioned from lots of gymnastics exercise, running (until 3 years ago, now fast walking), yoga, etc. My big problem area is muscular calves...always had them, can't change it. Will have to try midi and maxi lengths in a full length mirror. Just need to be sure at 5'1" (barely), I don't look like I'm standing in a hole or in a robe. Yes, bottle tans, lotions, those paradise drops...meh!