Honored Contributor

Re: PURCHASED MY FIRST DRESS 👗

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  - that is a beautiful dress!  Love it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal   Thanks. As you can see, my photo abilities are limited. This pic was taken with/ my cell from the catalog photo. It kept saying it was too large. When I shrunk it, came out sideways. Oh well. Think it'll do nicely as a mid-calf length dress.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus LOVE that dress.  If you wear a little heel, you'll still be in proportion.

Just a note IF you do decide to shorten.  Less is taken off of a full skirt.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus  I love your dress. You will look like a "Pretty Woman".

l,too, am short at 5'1 3/4". Hard to find a dress that will cover legs but not drag the floor and look dowdy.

Also, I am photo challenged. Need some home schooling.

Thank you to a @luvs2garden and other hearters

Hopefully, we will be able to wear our dresses this fall. @Shanus  A little jacket would look cute!

Honored Contributor

Lovely dress! And this will be a dress that you will have "at the ready" when you need one for a nice occasion.

I, myself, love dresses and used to wear them all the time.  I stopped wearing them when I had ankle and foot problems and could no longer wear appropriate footwear to go with them.  Broke my heart!  I loved going to work, church, etc. and wearing pretty dresses and skirts.  Also, in summer wearing light and airy sun dresses and casual frocks!  Since I retired, I wouldn't have much occasion to wear them any way.  When I cleared out a lot of my clothing after retirement, I actually wept when I was bagging up my dresses and skirts to give away! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

You can wear it for Mothers Day. Hopefully by then this will be over

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

You can wear it for Mothers Day. Hopefully by then this will be over

@cherry   ....or wear it anyway, tie a dish towel around the top and order in Italian food. 

Respected Contributor

So funny how different some of us think.  I never wear a dress, even to church services.  I just donated the few dresses and skirts I had because they were taking up room.  I also had a ton of tights and pantyhose.  Never out of the packaging.  Ugh.  What a waste.  Sounded like a good idea when I purchased it.  After that purge I've decided to not purchase any more clothing, so at least something good came from all this.  I have enough clothes that will rot on the hangers before I ever get around to wearing them.  All good basics and classics that never look dated.