Honored Contributor

I think those Posh shows must mean the host is "posh" but the merchandise is just the regular QVC merchandise.  Not a posh thing in the  show.  

Respected Contributor

HAPPY HOLIDAYS  !!!!

Respected Contributor

My 2 cents:

QVC, please either retire the show name or step it up. The lineup from last night is not representative of Posh Presents. It’s not that they are bad gifts, they simply are not posh, and thus the ridicule begins. Jane can only do so much to make silk purses from “polyester” ears.

A posh show also falls a bit flat without a host that can project glamour. 

Super Contributor

Only Lisa Robertson was able to project glamour. posh is a total joke without her.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, and if you click on the posh link on the homepage shows that the Q has lost its way.  I looked the word up in the dictionary just in case the misunderstanding was mine, but not, it is Q's.  Merriam Webster defines posh as elegant.  The Q's ofeerings feature a fryer, a mixer, muk luks, a ruana, several vacuum cleaners, minuscule diamonique earrings, casual clothing ....  For those who don't remember what used to be offered, I recall the Q offering elegant jewelry, elegant handbags, luxury beauty products, a jewel like charger for my phone... If you are going to call it posh, sell posh.  Luxury electronics can be posh.  If it's ordinary stuff, call it something else.  I guess it is gifts.  At least they had no flashlights or step ladders...

Honored Contributor

Re: POSH PRESENTS!

[ Edited ]

Jane's frenzied flitting all over the set dropping the P-bomb every ten seconds doesn't make it so... Neither do fake diamonds, a shag throw (complete with embroidered trite sayings...), Josie, Laura and Philosophy (all on all the time...), an over-priced house brand bag, nor a Joan Rivers (bless her heart) costume jewelry pin... The show has never feaured truly posh merchandise, but it was at least a half step above back in the day and featured at least a few nicer items... At least it was fun when Lisa did the show from Bryant Park and viewers got to see snippets of Manhattan decked out for the holidays... When they cut to offering the same old merchandise and moved the show to the studio with the goofy fake parties going on in the background, QVC might as well have taken out ads that, along with cutting out so many former brands, their 'new' business model involved cutting to the lowest common denominator... Nothing at all posh about it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...