Honored Contributor

This was one of three fabrics in a D & Co. ski lodge style sweater. I give up....what is it? Oh, btw, it was $74.50!

Respected Contributor

Google tells me it's a chemically synthesized fabric that is stiffer and used to provide strength and flexibility to an item- Another option to nylon- I'm betting it has a somewhat scratchy feel... Have a good day! 

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Google tells me it's a chemically synthesized fabric that is stiffer and used to provide strength and flexibility to an item- Another option to nylon- I'm betting it has a somewhat scratchy feel... Have a good day! 

@Skyegirl21   Strength and flexibility do not seem to go together. I'll pass. Have a good week and thanks.

Honored Contributor

NYLON...derived from petroleum in the 1930's...and we're back to T H A T again?    What happened to "progress"?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Didn't you Google it like we all dud?  Lol.   It's a stretchy man made nylon fabric.  I don't know why you are questioning the price.  Surely, by now. You know that fabric has no impact on price.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Didn't you Google it like we all dud?  Lol.   It's a stretchy man made nylon fabric.  I don't know why you are questioning the price.  Surely, by now. You know that fabric has no impact on price.

@chrystaltree But of course, fabric does impact price.  What are you talking about?  You mean the typical fabrics you'll find here on the Q, right?

Fine wool, cashmere, silk, alpaca, leathers (impact price).  The finer the quality the higher the price.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  Probably doesn't "breathe" and is hot & uncomfortable. A definate fail fabric would be my prediction.

Another fabric that will never disintegrate in the landfills. What is the matter with QVC's (and their design teams) choice of fabrics??? 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Shanus  Probably doesn't "breathe" and is hot & uncomfortable. A definate fail fabric would be my prediction.

Another fabric that will never disintegrate in the landfills. What is the matter with QVC's (and their design teams) choice of fabrics??

That's a given.  One of the Google description said something about it lacking breathability.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree But of course, fabric does impact price.  What are you talking about?  You mean the typical fabrics you'll find here on the Q, right?

Fine wool, cashmere, silk, alpaca, leathers (impact price).  The finer the quality the higher the price.

So that explains why you can buy a $300 leather handbag or a bag made out of the exact same leather for $4000?   And what about those Gucci and Louis Vuitton coated canvas bags that cost thousands?  A then there are those designer sneakers that cost $2000 and the components are no different than a pair of $70 sneakers.  There is shopping and life apart from QVC....

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset  @chrystaltree   Of course, I googled it...But my question was this is so cheap and yes it brings down the price and also the quality. I'd rather not purchase this.