Esteemed Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@ECBG 

Beautiful. It's how I feel, but would never have been able to come up with those words. Thank you for sharing.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

So sorry to hear about your friend. It's never easy to lose someone. Thank you for sharing those words. Very true and touching. 

My siblings and I just lost a childhood friend a week ago.
A bunch of us lived on the same block and played and hung out together as kids. We just saw him at church over the holidays and in the neighborhood grocery store a few days before he died. When he didn't show up for work or answer his phone, his sister went to check on him and found him on the kitchen floor. Natural causes. Only in his 60s. Very sad. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma 

Many thanks and very sorry about your loss also.

As it turns out, she fell over her 15 yr old Brittany Spaniel in the kitchen, crushing her shoulder.  Luckily, her TV was being changed over from Netflix and the repair called the ambulance.  Her DH developed terrible Alzheimer's in the last year.  

I'll miss her and the pup running out to my car.  I won't get anymore kisses. Sadly, he could barely walk this winter.  He couldn't have lived without her.

Trusted Contributor

@wilma  Wrote:

My siblings and I just lost a childhood friend a week ago.
A bunch of us lived on the same block and played and hung out together as kids. We just saw him at church over the holidays and in the neighborhood grocery store a few days before he died. When he didn't show up for work or answer his phone, his sister went to check on him and found him on the kitchen floor. Natural causes. Only in his 60s. Very sad. 

@wilma   - My condolences to you and your family.on the loss of your friend.  May his memory be a blessing.

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@ECBG 

I have a short neck, large bosom and oval/round face.  I try to stay away from crew necks, turtle necks and too much fabric from bra line to knee area. I really look my best with close fitting clothing vs flowy or oversized clothing. I'm glad so many different silhouettes are offered, so I can eventually find items that work for me.

@kate2357 Same here.  I did lose 25 lbs last year but the holidays were a challenge.  I'm working on losing another 20 lbs and will look better in many tops when I do. A well fitting stream lined top is so much more flattering than any top that has a lot of busy stuff going on.

I also have a short neck and large bust, my face is more oval since I lost but was more round last year.  I learned at an early age that I just couldn't wear any crew, mock or a turtle necked top.  They just add a lot of visual weight!  I can wear some cowl necks since they expose the neckline.

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 

Congrats on your weight loss. Losing weight and keeping it off is a challenge .. and a challenge that does not get any easier as we age. Sigh. Keep up your good work and try not to be hard on yourself if it takes a bit of time. Slow and steady is better. Smiley Happy

I did wear turtle necks when I was younger, but when I look at those pictures now, I don't think they look as good on me as I probably thought they did when I wore them. LOL. 

Nothing like a candid photo to make us see ourselves as others do. That's why I have a lot of respect for the ladies who post pictures of themselves here on the Q threads. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

ECGB:   Sorry about the losses posted here.   RIP Heart

Just an added note........I like your short-ish striped sweater.  Again, one of my favorite style/length/looks on you.  Very flattering.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY 

Many thanks about my friend.

That sweater has about a 2 1/2 inch ribbed bottom in navy which you may not be able to see.

Valued Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@kate2357 

Thank you so much.  It's going to be terribly hard because I have to pass her house to get to mine.  There is no other way possible. 

I WISH this writing had been available to me years ago when we lost our 19 year old son.  The Internet wasn't what it is now, and this part of a eulogy by a priest hadn't been written, but it has been great help to me  since I found it.  Maybe it will help you too.

Death Is Nothing.jpg

That is so powerful.  Thank you for posting this.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Forty-four degrees today with a cold rain.  I couldn't get warm until after my break because I my my black and white ruana I keep in back over everything else!  Finally!  Bliss!!!Smiley Happy

Blue cashmere sweater.  Eileen Fisher black wool vest.

Chris' pendant with the drusy baby conch shell.

20230122_182036.jpg