Respected Contributor

Re: Opinions on a lovely dress I happen to run across.

I like to wear dresses to church. People in jeans and shorts are wearing what they like, wear what you like.It is okay if it is dressier than what most people wear.

Respected Contributor

I definitely would wear this to church. Me personally I would add a black lacy card I, and probably remove the belt

Honored Contributor

With the lace overlay, I personally can't see espadrilles with this dress which is semi formal.

This is a beautiful dress for a special dinner out, an anniversary, special party, or wedding.

The perfect shoe would be something strappy or cut out.

Honored Contributor

What site did you find it?  I wonder if it's appropriate as a guest at a wedding

Respected Contributor

It's a pretty dress, and no dressier than what the news and weather women I see on TV every day wear. But they mostly squeeze into spandex.

Do you want to blend in at your church or stand out? That's the question.

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

It would be dressy for any church around here.  People show up in shorts and flip-flops.  I'm assuming you have good arms.

The dress can be worn by anyone who loves it, and "good arms" are not a requirement.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

It's a lovely dress but I don't think it's a church dress.  To me, it looks like a special occasion dress.  One I would wear for a special dinner out in the evening or some other special event.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Thanks ladies for your opinions on the dress.  I decided not to order it after reading your comments regarding wearing it to church.  I always like to dress nicely when attending church.  I never wore pants at all; always a nice dress or suit and heels.  

Glad I have you ladies to get opinions regarding clothes as my husband is not a clothing person lol.

Spoiler

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

A little bit dressy for church.  Though I worked with someone who really dressed up for church.  Beautiful tailored suits and dresses with matching hats.  Her husband always in a suit.  

Honored Contributor

I think it's too dressy for church.