Esteemed Contributor

Re: One Example of "Inspiration" designed into "GILI"

I agree with Magicmoodz - it takes quite a bit of lead time between design, production and sales. Maybe this was started when Lisa was involved or maybe it wasn't. Maybe Lisa left because she didn't like where the line was going or maybe she didn't. I do know Lisa was uncertain whether the jacket in the OP was ever manufactured, so not sure how long that took, but it came out after Lisa left.
Frequent Contributor

The last G.I.L.I. leather jacket TSV was based on an existing G.I.L.I. design (item # A237627).  It would have taken ~6 months.

Esteemed Contributor

@BritishGirl wrote:

The last G.I.L.I. leather jacket TSV was based on an existing G.I.L.I. design (item # A237627).  It would have taken ~6 months.

Sometimes garments are originally created of excellent quality and then QVC decides to cut corners (think: costs) and that quality takes a nose dive.  I have read these same comments about most all clothing vendors/lines: Louis Dell'Olio, Lisa Rinna, George Simonton, Liz Claiborne, Lori Goldstein, and the list goes on.

I don't think G.I.L.I. is exempt from this practice.  Do you recall the Roma 2 fiasco?    

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@BritishGirl wrote:

Sometimes garments are originally created of excellent quality and then QVC decides to cut corners (think: costs) and that quality takes a nose dive.  I have read these same comments about most all clothing vendors/lines: Louis Dell'Olio, Lisa Rinna, George Simonton, Liz Claiborne, Lori Goldstein, and the list goes on.

I don't think G.I.L.I. is exempt from this practice.  Do you recall the Roma 2 fiasco?    

I agree Magic.  The quality of most QVC lines has gone way down. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"