Respected Contributor

Re: Note to Lisa Rinna: All styles are not for all figures.

I'm 5'1" and I have a few of her dusters, as well as other brands of long cardigan type things. I find them very flattering and elongating.  They look very slimming and nice.  People have misconceptions about fashion.  And QVC doesn't always style the models in a flattering way which is annoying.  Antonella was on air with that duster yesterday and nothing against her, but it looked awful, like a bathrobe. She had the wrong outfit on underneath it: terribly baggy and overly long pants, a baggy blouse and all black so she looked bigger than she was and the cardi added too much volume and I think they should have given her a petite as it was too long for her height. It was a hot mess. No offense to her, again, it was not her fault and they should have styled her better. I would not have gone on air in that get up but I guess they are pressed for time and switching from one show to the other on the spot.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I'm 5'1" and I have a few of her dusters, as well as other brands of long cardigan type things. I find them very flattering and elongating.  They look very slimming and nice.  People have misconceptions about fashion.  And QVC doesn't always style the models in a flattering way which is annoying.  Antonella was on air with that duster yesterday and nothing against her, but it looked awful, like a bathrobe. She had the wrong outfit on underneath it: terribly baggy and overly long pants, a baggy blouse and all black so she looked bigger than she was and the cardi added too much volume and I think they should have given her a petite as it was too long for her height. It was a hot mess. No offense to her, again, it was not her fault and they should have styled her better. I would not have gone on air in that get up but I guess they are pressed for time and switching from one show to the other on the spot.

@Grouchomarx  I agree with you 100%!! That look on Antonella was not flattering at all.  She had the wrong outfit on underneath.  Had she had something more fitted and in the petite duster she would of looked great. It is all about how you style & accessorize an outfit.   I wouldn't of come out on air either.

Regular Contributor

I absolutely agree .  They looked horrible.  Some of the designers seem to only design for their own body type.  Most women are NOT size 0.  I try of support anyone who comes out with pants that are not slim, skinny, jogger or ankle.  Because those look awful on me.  Gary keeps saying straight legs are difficult to find and it's true.  But then they put all those on clearance.  

Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@Grouchomarx  I saw Antonella yesterday and while I really don't comment a lot on host clothing, it certainly wasn't the best, as she usually looks really put together. One host who did look great in the duster was Leah during AM Style. As for the models, the one I thought looked best in the duster, was the black plus model during Amy's show last night. She wore the green one with a green printed dress. Everything fit her right and she looked really nice. I didn't think the duster was that bad, but I agree the stylists didn't do a good job of making look enticing. 

Honored Contributor

What is she supposed to say?  If you are fat don't buy this because you are going to look like a tank?  You are going to look dumpy?  If you are petite, this is going to swallow you whole?

She's on air to sell.  If people don't like the stuff, they won't buy it.  Petite isn't a one size fits all term.  So there probably are some petites who could wear some of what she is selling.

Honored Contributor

@ginirn wrote:

I absolutely agree .  They looked horrible.  Some of the designers seem to only design for their own body type.  Most women are NOT size 0.  I try of support anyone who comes out with pants that are not slim, skinny, jogger or ankle.  Because those look awful on me.  Gary keeps saying straight legs are difficult to find and it's true.  But then they put all those on clearance.  

@ginirn 

I agree with you about the pants!

Honored Contributor

@bootsanne wrote:

LR is about as much of a designer as I'm a Victoria's Secret model.

@bootsanne ...thanks for the laugh!  I needed a momentary break at the office & this did it for me!  You & I both on the runway sister!! Smiley LOL

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1The problem with too much fashion advice is that the person giving it rarely, rarely had any idea what actually looks good on the body they are advising.  Too many advisors just seem to like what their bodies look best in.

I do agree "works for everybody" i sseldom true -  not the designer, not the style, not the fabric, not the color, etc.

Valued Contributor

DUSTERS - a TOTAL LOL! They look like a bathrobe.

Honored Contributor

There's only one thing that I don't wear because of my personal short stature: a maxi dress. Anything that hides my legs completely exposes the fact that I'm only five foot two! LOL

Otherwise I dress to flatter my shape