Esteemed Contributor

I'm getting a little tired of the shows that are "gift shows", basically hard goods. For the past few days, nothing interested me. Are there no clothing shows coming up? UGH! 

Respected Contributor

Since it's nearing the end of year, I am sure there will be clothing shows with clearance prices.  this is the last rush for Xmas and that's been the focus EVERYWHERE.  Guess you need to be patient. 

Honored Contributor

Sure has made a big change in my credit card ! I'm so happy. I've only spent 21 at Q this month ! Pearl earrings. Most of the time it's up in the 100's.   All these Dec. items wasn't up my alley.

Thanks ! Q !!

Honored Contributor

QVC apparently brings in all this unique junk to sell as Christmas gifts then pushes very hard to sell it. Within a day or two the clearance on it all will start. Then come New Years they put the hard push on items like diet and exercise etc - the New Year - New You period. Finanally, around February they will go back to normal programming. They will have a fashion day or two to clear out the stock of winter clothing to make room for summer stuff. However, oit is my experience that QVC does not spend much time on summer clothing at all. I guess the profit margin is smaller on shorts & tees than on boots and coats. QVC does not seem to think people buy clothing items as Christmas gifts , but in my world we do gift each other clothing items quite often.

Respected Contributor

There is some fashion coming up! For example, it looks as though Friday is a full day of shoes, clothing and jewelry (Skechers TSV, Susan Graver, gold, etc.). Christmas Eve has LOTS of Quacker Factory before going off the air, Monday (12/26) is full of LOGO, and Tuesday (12/27) is shoes and clothing all day (Clarks TSV).

Honored Contributor

I'm with @SharkE saved lots of money.  I've bought more of the 'junk' than @SharkE but not anywhere near what I'd buy if the Q showed clothes and jewelry!

I'm soooo bored with the Q right now showing all of their junk/stuff.  How many flashlights and toothbrushes can a person buy?  If I gave someone one of those toothbrushes they'd think it was a joke!

As a matter of fact (swear this is true) I just received from my dentist a brand new electric fancy toothbrush.  He had a food drive on for Thanksgiving and I brought in food.  They had a drawing for people who did that and ....you guessed it...I won.

The way I figure it if my DENTIST gives me an electric toothbrush it must be good to use on my teeth or he wouldn't give it to me.  Unfortunately, I'm one of those uncoordinated people who end up splattering toothpaste, etc all over the mirror when using it.  I gave it to my adult daughter who forgot it when she went back to Denver.  It's sitting in the back of my car!

Respected Contributor

In a way, its a good thing. With my lack of will power, I won't go and buy any more things to wear than I already have.

Honored Contributor

I'm a bit surprised that they didn't seem to think people buy clothing for Christmas gifts.  I always received clothing items for Christmas.  (Never did I receive a set of dusters!)

Respected Contributor

I remember, back in the day, when QVC featured beautiful Christmas/winter sweaters.That's the kind of gift I'd love to receive (not a Dyson).

Honored Contributor

Actually, a few bathing suits are now next to coats on the store.  Spring/Summer is now in production and next fall winter's fabrics are being choosen.