Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wed, Dec 21st

Hello shoppers - I find myself tempted by another pair of Camuto boots on clearance at HSN.  They dropped the price again, I'm trying to hang on to my resolve.

We're having a heat wave here - 30's I think.  One of my co-workers said the forecast for next Monday is 50.  Okay, that's not natural.  LOL

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Wed, Dec 21st

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. It is good that I double checked before submitting my effort. Good job on practicing the resistance. In this case, resistance will not be futile despite how tempting the boots might be.

Good afternoon, shopping friends. I just returned from the city where I met my niece and a friend for lunch, and then went for physical therapy. The luncheon and get together was great as always, and today the physical therapist added more weight to my legs durig the various exercises. As this progresses, they are making it more challenging.

I had no time to shop, but then I didn't need to shop. I forgot to mention earlier in the thread that I had received my Laura Geller TSV. To my surprise, I actually like most of the items so this will be Midnight's gift to me. His gift was a faux suede and sherpa pet bed which can zip to form a tent or reverse to a different side. He doesn't care for the tent so he is using it flat after being unzipped.

I'll be off to see a friend in a different city tomorrow for an early Christmas get together. Friday, it will be back to the physical therapist.

I hope you have had a great day and a great evening to follow. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

How are we doing everyone?

https://shareonline.in/4-days-until-christmas-images/

Respected Contributor

Hello friends!  The sun is shining brightly today and I got to wear short sleeves.  When the sun goes down, about  now-ish, it cools off.  But wasn't freezing the past couple nights. Our bed is so warm that I have to turn the heat off when we go to bed or I wake up quite hot.

I orderd 5 boots from Kohl's.  Got 4 pairs and took them all back.  The pair I liked was too big and they don't have the next size in black.  I picked out 3 more pairs and have them coming my way.  I'm getting a lot of wear out of my one pair of flats.

I am feeling better now.  Stevie got her package - cards all got mailed.  Yay!  DH and I got a room on the canal for Christmas a couple nights.  He will go crabbing with his boss during the day and Kyanne and I will try to get into trouble somewhere.  I have several books and they have trails nearby.

Honored Contributor

I'm hopeless.  I ordered the Camutos in English Tan smooth leather.  When I got home from work, I happened to tune in just as David was presenting the shovel TSV.  I was on the phone with my middle sister and said, check out QVC.  She had to re-autotune her TV (we don't have cable and occassionally lose channels in bad weather and have to reprogram).  I said, Mare, they are selling one odd looking shovel that I'd swear will save some stress on our lower backs.

I placed an order for 2 shovels.  I couldn't stop myself.  Oh brother.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening, and thanks for getting us started Bernie and Jean.  Hope you like the boots and the shovels work well for you Bernie.  Sometimes my resistance is low, and I order/buy something that I didn't plan to order.  But, I try to make that "sometimes" rather than all the time.  I'm sure you do the same.

Glad you had a good lunch Jean, and I hope tomorrows lunch is also very nice.  Good that you like the Laura Geller set.  I guess the added weight/exercises are necessary to help you, and I hope they are not too challenging.

Pretty graphic, meallen.  Really not much for me to get ready for, except for making a dessert for the the church lunch.  I gave Christmas gifts to two caregivers today as well as the main office folks.  One of the caregivers does not care for candy, but loves banana bread, so I made her a loaf.  She was a happy camper.

Happy you are feeling better, Stevie got her package, and your cards are done, Kathleen.  Hope you find some good boots.  I'm enjoying your FB pictures.  Interesting that it is so warm at night.  What canal will you be visiting?  

It was a pretty busy day for me.  I took a long walk, and then ran to the 99 cent store to get a little produce and some gift bags for the things I am giving to the caregivers.  Not sure if one of the caregivers is coming back.  If not, I may give her gift card to someone else.  

I was able to feed DH lunch, and then came home to eat my lunch before returning to attend their Holiday Party.  They had a very good singing group -- Sweet Adeline type (ladies barbershop), and they had plenty of snacks, etc.  The director dressed up as a Gingerbread man to give out candy.  They had given DH a Santa hat, and I thought he looked cute.  They also gave him a Christmas card.

One of the caregivers had to leave early to attend a funeral, so they had dinner very early.  DH's DD and family arrived from CA, but his youngest DGD was sick (stomach issues), so only his DD and older DGD visited.  His older DGD (age 13) is now taller than me, and she is very pretty.  We are sort of playing it by ear for tomorrow, but I think at least two of them will be coming for lunch at DH's dining room tomorrow.  I'll be getting pizza.  Hopefully, the younger girl will be much better tomorrow, but we don't want to expose DH or the rest of the residents to illness.  Fingers crossed on that one.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda