Honored Contributor

NO CLOTHES SHOPPING UNTIL SPRING

The last time I checked out the few stores at the mall where I shop, there were a lot of picked over items. Not much left in my size. After the holidays, all of that will be there plus what people have returned. I purchased several pretty sweaters from J Crew, BR & Talbots & do not need anything else. I hope all the winter merchandise moves out via huge sales, coupons, BOGO, whatever it takes. I'm as eager to see some spring options as I am to see my crocuses pop through the ground....even if the color of the moment will be GREEN. What are you looking for when the new clothes are available ?

Honored Contributor

Re: NO CLOTHES SHOPPING UNTIL SPRING

@Shanus wrote:

The last time I checked out the few stores at the mall where I shop, there were a lot of picked over items. Not much left in my size. After the holidays, all of that will be there plus what people have returned. I purchased several pretty sweaters from J Crew, BR & Talbots & do not need anything else. I hope all the winter merchandise moves out via huge sales, coupons, BOGO, whatever it takes. I'm as eager to see some spring options as I am to see my crocuses pop through the ground....even if the color of the moment will be GREEN. What are you looking for when the new clothes are available ?

I agree.   I have so much already, but fall/winter clothing is my downfall.  I don't buy too many clothes in the Summer!  I also have a lot of Spring-type clothes!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I rarely buy any winter clothing because I live in Florida. Also I snowbird to Pa in the summers and there is no sales tax on clothing in Pa, thus I generally buy most of my clothing in Pa. This coming summer I have 3 pair of denim capris that are getting very worn out and need replaced, and I had to throw away a navy and a grey skirt that I wore often because they had just gotten old looking, so I'll try to replace them this summer.

I would look terrible in this years greenery so I won't be buying anything in that color.

Honored Contributor

I love fall/winter colors and fabrics but because as a snowbird, I wear them for less than a month each year, I buy almost nothing from those collections.

My last clothing purchases came in late May and June of 2016 and I expect my next new clothing purchases will come once again in late spring or early summer. 

I'm happy to hear greens may be the color of spring/summer.  That works for my coloring way better than pastel pinks, blues, and black or white.

Honored Contributor

@winamac1  Hi. I'm a sweaters & scarves & long sleeve tees gal, too. Once summer/spring hits the stores, everything seems to cater to the younger girls or women. It's difficult to find 3/4 or long sleeves on anything, cardigans disappear (what about a/c in restaurants and theatres?). It's also tough for me to find my neutral colors of grey, black and white. The sandals appear w/ the strappy high heels and/or platforms or ballet flats w/ no support for these old arches. I have to put away my ankle boots, sweaters and heavier jeans. Green? I'm thinking Kermit.

Honored Contributor

For a minute..........I thought you would going shopping with no clothes...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know if this counts....but I want some cute slip on shoes in some pretty colors to wear with my crop pants...

Honored Contributor

This fall I bought a pair of black little slip on shoes and loved them so also got them in nude. I have been wearing those two pair of shoes everywhere.Best buy ever, and they weren't expensive - about $60. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree,after Christmas the clothing all looks sad and picked over.  But sometimes,if you have time and patience,you can find a great deal on something nice. I love winter clothes,but I'm happy when Spring comes,too. I thijk I'll try some lighter colored capris.  It's always black or gray bottoms for me.  Maybe I'll change it up a little. I have a white pair that looks great with longer tops.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I am not looking forward to shopping for clothing, because as I don't need anything, but the idea of crocuses popping through the ground really excites me,

I look forward to going to the nursery  and buying some plants and flowers.  The color of green in my yard is quite appealing.