Honored Contributor

Re: New Linea Leisure Cardigan

On 1/24/2015 kate2357 said: I like many of the LDO items...not everything works for my lifestyle or my body. But I have to say some of the ladies on this forum appear less than open to hearing any sort of concerns from other buyers of LDO products. If I write that I hope the logo on the buttons are subtle...I am only expressing a personal opinion on what i like. To me, buttons can make or break how I feel about an outfit. For example, I generally don't like gold toned buttons...but on some jackets/ sweaters...depending on the fabric color...gold buttons might work for me. But generally speaking...I don 't like gold buttons. How does my preference in anyway diminish LDO as a designer? The attitude of some of the people on the Linea board, IMO, does not help grow the popularity of LDO and his products. I appreciate the feedback on sizing, fabric, colors and availability. Not a huge fan of the somewhat defensive posts. I will try to go back to lurking on the Linea board and let you all carry on. It really is obvious, newcomers opinions are not wanted.

I don't feel that way at all, I welcome newcomers opinions because they have fresh eyes on things. I tend to buy whatever works for me and I do not have my entire wardrobe from QVC. Please just put those who you feel are defensive and condescending on ignore. Your blood pressure will thank you. Smiley Happy

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2015 Goldie76 said:
On 1/23/2015 Sheesh said:
On 1/23/2015 Barbara in Virginia said:

Oh, my goodness! Designers and artists have been putting their signatures on what they create for forever! Have you ever been to an art museum and seen a painting that is not signed? Are your silk scarves not signed? Are there not signature buckles on Ferragamo shoes? Shoot! Even my dressage and close contact saddles have discrete brass plates on them identifying their makers.

Louis's VERY discrete signatures on his garments are barely noticeable unless you are really, really looking for them. I just can't imagine being a deal-breaker for a garment or accessory you otherwise like.

I agree, Barbara, I don't get the aversion to the subtle buttons and logo. To each their own.....

Even though I fear my additional comment will make this post appear like a gathering of "the usual suspects," I agree that Louis's signature markings are subtle and, yes, even attractive to my eye. Incidentally, I am one who refuses to wear an item emblazoned wildly with the creator's logo/name. Garish free advertising and boasting as far as I'm concerned (sounds snotty, do not mean it to be).

I also refuse to buy or wear items with logo/name of brand, but these items from Louis seem to have a very subtle marking. I will have to check out the length of the petite pants, etc. Beautiful colors, as usual.

Esteemed Contributor

If you don't want to purchase clothing of any brand that has a logo on it then that is your choice and right. Too bad that you have to get a lecture from on high about the history of Logo's in fashion like you were somehow ignorant of that fact. Who cares if Chanel, Ferragamo, Louis Vuitton etc use them? If you don't like them then you don't like them.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks, Sheesh. I was not familiar with this poster or her posting history.

Respected Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Goldie76 said:
On 1/23/2015 GraceCO said:

I also think the Linea logo is very subtle and the logo mark reminds me of Tory Burch just a tad, a logo I actually like. I don't like logos plastered all over an item. How Louis has done it is very much like the high end, classic European brands like Longchamp & Celine.

Speaking of Celine...did anyone see who one of their "Celine girls" is this year? 80 year-old author, Joan Didion! I've always loved the brand, but now I adore them for getting it so right in this choice. Joan Didion and Celine are a perfect match. Woohoo for women of a certain age!!!

Must admit ignorance of the brand but not of Joan Didion, whose work I have loved and respected. I trust your judgment, and if you say they are an exquisite pair-up, I just know they are. Going to check out Celine now.

Image result for celine and joan didion Added the Didion/Celine campaign photo. ETA: Guess what I spotted within the first four seconds of flipping through my new issue of Vogue, which arrived an hour ago?

A Celine ad. Now I'll be seeing nothing but, I suppose.

Goldie, I read somewhere that Celine's brand is targeted to intellectual/cool/independent women so kudos to them for picking a legendary American author who embodies the brand AND is 80 years young. I'm also an admirer & fan of Joan Didion's work...She's nonplussed by it all. She just did an interview with the NY Times about this ad campaign & was asked if she realized what a sensation she caused, to which she replied, "I don't have any clue."

I just love seeing "women of a certain age" in these campaigns. It's empowering for all women. Helen Mirren is a spokeswoman for L'Oreal and Joni Mitchell (now 71) is with YSL. Didn't Diane Keaton also do L'Oreal ads? I know there are others--someone older is doing the NARS campaign...It's a good trendSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Anyone can read my posting history. I believe mosts of my posts are inane and boring...but if some find them contrary...not much I can do to change what's out there. I do find it a bit comical that I am considered controversial.The guys I work with would get a charge out of that description of me...they find me too agreeable and too willing to be the mediator. It could be that I spend too much time around men and just don't understand how to relate my opinions to other women. ::shrug:: on the other hand, I can't say that I know of any man who gives a fig about his buttons.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

On 1/24/2015 kate2357 said: Anyone can read my posting history. I believe mosts of my posts are inane and boring...but if some find them contrary...not much I can do to change what's out there. I do find it a bit comical that I am considered controversial.The guys I work with would get a charge out of that description of me...they find me too agreeable and too willing to be the mediator. It could be that I spend too much time around men and just don't understand how to relate my opinions to other women. ::shrug:: on the other hand, I can't say that I know of any man who gives a fig about his buttons.

OK, this is my last reply on this matter---I did not say you were controversial---read it again---I said you did not hesitate to take a contrary position and that it was inconsistent, at best, that you would then take umbrage at others here who disagreed with you, given that history--that is a big, non-subtle difference, so it's clear to me now, though, that this is all about you and not about Linea. I hope you find all the non-logo-ed, non-gold buttons your heart desires. I'm done.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Trusted Contributor

On 1/24/2015 kate2357 said: It could be that I spend too much time around men and just don't understand how to relate my opinions to other women. ::shrug:: .
How sad.
Respected Contributor

Every one to their own tastes. Someone would have to be VERY near to me to read the logo on the black buttons. Louis said it would be good over the t shirt dress.

In Mel Brooks movie, "High Anxiety," Madeline Kahn steps out of a car wearing every possible item of clothing covered in logos and carrying logo luggage. Hysterical! I never forget that scene when a logo is noticeable.

Valued Contributor

Love Madelin Kahn. She can be SOO funny! When I'm in the right mood I love to sit down with Clue - stellar cast and love Madeline in that one - as well as Tim Curry! The whole LOT of them really Smiley Happy Wear your black cardigan and tee dress in great enjoyment this spring Lavendar.