Honored Contributor

Re: New Linea Leisure Cardigan

On 1/23/2015 Sheesh said:
On 1/23/2015 terrier3 said:

Is this fabric similar to the dresses he did with the subtle logo?

It is the exact fabric as the Tee Shirt Dress from last year with the logo on the sleeve.

Great! That was a nice, substantial fabric - I have the dress in olive.

You just sold me on the cardi!

Honored Contributor

The Logo and the signature buttons are very subtle, I would not let that stop me from buying these items.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

I think I'll probably get this in navy. I love the Perfectly Pink, but I bought that color and the Sky Blue in the new top that sold out. I also ordered the Perfectly Pink WK Cardigan, and I have the PP WK 2-fer. So I think I have enough pink for the summer.

I like the fabric very much, and I have 3 of the dresses and 2 sets of tops and matching pants. The logo is very, very subtle. I don't even notice it when I wear the clothes.

Valued Contributor

On 1/23/2015 Sheesh said:

It's all about ordering the right size, too. The skirt will cling to the body if it is too small for you---no matter what the fabric. I personally love this fabric and am going to categorically say that it is the MOST comfortable fabric I have ever had on my body---even better than Posh Knits because wool tends to bother me after a while. Like Grace said, you really have to get a piece home and try it. I'm really loving how the cardigan and skirt gives a casual suited look. I'm going to retire fairly soon and these casual suits will be perfect--but they can also easily be worn to work. I'm going to have to set a side more of my clothing "budget" for a collection of these pieces.

Sheesh, that's about as hearty and solid an endorsement from someone whose opinion I very much respect as I could hope to get for this new-to-ME fabric. I'm going to give it a try. I love the "casual suit" idea and I do remember you noted somewhere that you plan on two skirts, one to shorten. That's a great idea. And I agree about the paramount importance of the correct size, so I'll see how I do going with my correct size (after close examination of the "click here" figures). Thanks for all the help!!!!

Respected Contributor

I also think the Linea logo is very subtle and the logo mark reminds me of Tory Burch just a tad, a logo I actually like. I don't like logos plastered all over an item. How Louis has done it is very much like the high end, classic European brands like Longchamp & Celine.

Speaking of Celine...did anyone see who one of their "Celine girls" is this year? 80 year-old author, Joan Didion! I've always loved the brand, but now I adore them for getting it so right in this choice. Joan Didion and Celine are a perfect match. Woohoo for women of a certain age!!!

Respected Contributor

I wonder if the black cardi would fit comfortably over the black t shirt dress. I'd like to start wearing it earlier in the spring. It's the same fabric and casual idea. I'm going to ask Louis about sizing though.

I really hate my upper arms and the sleeves on the dress are not great for me. I would wear it with the seamless leggings and fun flats and could have lots of fun with my long necklaces.

Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2015 GraceCO said:

I also think the Linea logo is very subtle and the logo mark reminds me of Tory Burch just a tad, a logo I actually like. I don't like logos plastered all over an item. How Louis has done it is very much like the high end, classic European brands like Longchamp & Celine.

Speaking of Celine...did anyone see who one of their "Celine girls" is this year? 80 year-old author, Joan Didion! I've always loved the brand, but now I adore them for getting it so right in this choice. Joan Didion and Celine are a perfect match. Woohoo for women of a certain age!!!

Must admit ignorance of the brand but not of Joan Didion, whose work I have loved and respected. I trust your judgment, and if you say they are an exquisite pair-up, I just know they are. Going to check out Celine now.

Image result for celine and joan didion Added the Didion/Celine campaign photo. ETA: Guess what I spotted within the first four seconds of flipping through my new issue of Vogue, which arrived an hour ago?

A Celine ad. Now I'll be seeing nothing but, I suppose.

Trusted Contributor

I love cotton knit cardigans. It was my go-to summer jacket style in the 80's, and it's been a long time since you could find a good one. Thanks, LDO!

Trusted Contributor

On 1/24/2015 lavendar said:

I wonder if the black cardi would fit comfortably over the black t shirt dress. I'd like to start wearing it earlier in the spring. It's the same fabric and casual idea. I'm going to ask Louis about sizing though.

I really hate my upper arms and the sleeves on the dress are not great for me. I would wear it with the seamless leggings and fun flats and could have lots of fun with my long necklaces.

I think they would be really good together. If you're worried about it fitting over the dress, you could size up on the cardigan.

Esteemed Contributor

I like many of the LDO items...not everything works for my lifestyle or my body. But I have to say some of the ladies on this forum appear less than open to hearing any sort of concerns from other buyers of LDO products. If I write that I hope the logo on the buttons are subtle...I am only expressing a personal opinion on what i like. To me, buttons can make or break how I feel about an outfit. For example, I generally don't like gold toned buttons...but on some jackets/ sweaters...depending on the fabric color...gold buttons might work for me. But generally speaking...I don 't like gold buttons. How does my preference in anyway diminish LDO as a designer? The attitude of some of the people on the Linea board, IMO, does not help grow the popularity of LDO and his products. I appreciate the feedback on sizing, fabric, colors and availability. Not a huge fan of the somewhat defensive posts. I will try to go back to lurking on the Linea board and let you all carry on. It really is obvious, newcomers opinions are not wanted.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."