Regular Contributor

Published on

pink cardi1

…….You have already had a taste of……LINEA LEISURE……….and from the sell out of the tunic, and the reviews, it looks like you approve…….The second style I am previewing is…..THE LINEA LEISURE CARDIGAN, A262035…..First up…….It is important to discuss the FIT of the Linea Leisure cardigan…….As a group….consisting of my fit team and QVC’s fit team, we made the decision that the Linea Leisure jackets would be closer in size to what you would find in B&M stores…..What does this mean for you…….It means the fit is slightly smaller and closer to the body…..less BOXY….QVC usually likes a generous fit…..Before you say OH NO…..it is important to know we are still fitting on the same fit model we always did so the change isn’t drastic….it still has to fit you! I would say that you should read what the measurements are before purchasing. If you have certain body issues like a large chest or hips you may want to size up one size…but….before making that decision PLEASE go over the measurements carefully and compare them to things you own and love the fit of…I know from things you have said to me, some of you like a smaller fit and some an easier fit…..so it is important to read the “click here measurements” to get your ideal fit…..Why the change? because we felt baggy or shapeless Leisure clothes was not the way to go especially in leisure fabrics…….that can easily give you a sloppy look……. We think this is a more youthful fit without being tight or inappropriate…..THE CARDIGAN in the pictures above is an xxs….I usually get xs samples. The length is approx 27 1/2 inches for the xxs. The cardigan has long sleeves and a classic jewel neckline. There are eight SIGNATURE BUTTONS down the front. These are new buttons made especially for the Linea Leisure Line. They are DYED TO MATCH, and have a rim with Linea Leisure etched into the center of the button….it’s very subtle, but gives a “signature”to the pieces. The fabric of the first Linea pieces is the same COTTON/SPAN KNIT that I have been using for years , and the same fabric as the tunic that just sold out….These first Leisure pieces do have your normal labels, but we are looking into printing them on the Leisure group going forward…….The color above is………..NAVY……….Linea Navy…….The jacket has the “LINEA PATCH POCKET” with the inserted BAND for easy entry. Of course these pieces are unlined for total COMFORT and STRETCH…….Personally, I do not like this jacket all buttoned up! I would either button the top one or two and leave the rest open, for an easy casual look……..button from the top to the waist and then leave the bottom open, which is a more dramatic look, or just button two or three from the waist area up for a more cinched in look…..anyway you choose, depending on how you feel that given day, leave some buttons open. I really don’t like the bottom buttons BUTTONED across the hips…..In the photos above I have the jacket with the matching shell [which I will discuss in a following sneak peek], and the LINEA LEISURE PULL-ON PANT….The pant will be avail in a regular length, A262070, and a petite length, A262072….The inseam for the slim leg reg. length is approx. 30 1/2 inches. It has a full elastic waist and the LEG OPENING is approx. 6 1/2 inches..There are pockets!!….NAVY, BLACK and WHITE are your choices…..With the Leisure clothes I like jewelry that is fun….such as THE FISH PENDANT….With the navy….the SILVER FISH WITH THE BLUE EYE and YELLOW EYE, J288023 looks great…..I also love the ENAMEL LINK LINEA WATCH, J277885, in the BLUE, WHITE or CORAL, which is actually a SUNKIST ORANGE!……………………………enjoy………………………..much Love……………………Louis

pink cardi7

……………………Perfectly Perfectly PINK. which is one of my most popular colors will also be avail in the new LINEA LEISURE CARDIGAN……….The CARDIGAN, A262035, the TANK, A262066and a great pair of jeans can easily become your new UNIFORM……These pieces are appropriate for ALL SEASONS……For staying at home relaxing or going out to do your everyday chores…..It’s all about comfortable clothes that you put on and forget about……. Each Leisure piece will have the tonal emb. Linea Signature….The BAROQUE CROSS NECKLACE, J270119, above, is one of those pieces that easily transitions from dressy to casual without looking too much or you tried to hard…..it’s all in the attitude….and that is……CASUAL & RELAXED…………………………….enjoy………..much Love…………………..Louis

<h3 class="entry-title"> pink cardi4</h3>

………..You all know….Malibu is one of my favorite places to visit, so this color cardigan……MALIBU BLUE…….is named after one of the most leisurely places I know………The SHELL, A262066 is also in the COTTON/SPAN. I call it a shell as opposed to a tank, because for me, a tank has a lower neckline and a shell has a higher neckline. The shell is approx. 25 inches long for the xxs. It has side slits, and the emb. logo is near the side closer to the hem. Both the neckline and armhole are piped for a clean finish…………………….Coming soon….The GUNMETAL FISH pendant. On one side there is a PINK EYE and on the other side a CLEAR GRAY EYE, so you can wear it with anything… The BOLD HOOP, J288005 is back in stock in GUNMETAL….GOLD…and SILVER…..this is my go to earring when I accessorize the shows……..Are you a “BU” girl”? It is a wonderful new color……………….enjoy………………..much Love………………….Louis

<h3 class="entry-title"> pink cardi6</h3>

…………………………….LINEA LEISURE can take you from a leisurely Sunday at home with a pair of LINEA BODY LEGGINGS, A260036…… to the office on Monday morning….it all depends on how you put it together and how you accessorize it…….Just a side note…..the LINE BODY LEGGING is back in stock in BLACK…..these are SEAM-LESS leggings. You may find a similar legging in a store from a designer brand….but it will be more than double the price…..so take advantage of an excellent product at an incredible price while we can keep that price………In the pictures above I paired the BLACK LINEA LEISURE CARDIGAN, A262035, with the LINEA LEISURE BLACK LONG SKIRT which comes in NAVY too, A262069, and the Ivory Silk/Cashmere TN……Add a pair of boots to create the look you want…i.e. cowboy boots or flat boots for a more casual look, high heel suede boots for a dressier look. The skirt is approx. 32 inches long. There aren’t any pockets so the hip is nice and smooth. The skirt has a contour banded top which is approx 2 inches wide…….Remember, this is a casual leisure skirt not a WK long dressy skirt, and the drape is different. This fabric, as you know, has a lot of stretch, but is a more structured fabric than WK……In the summer….wear it with the tank and a pair of banded sandals……….The HORSE BIT NECKLACE, J288018 and the BOLD HOOP IN GOLD, A288005 are my accessories of choice………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

…………………………………….enjoy……………………have a leisurely day……………………………………….much Love………………………….Louis.

Respected Contributor

Re: New Linea Leisure Cardigan

Can't wait for these new pieces---Perfectly Pink Cardi and Shell for sure, and Black Pants and Black skirt (have the V-Neck and the Beaded Tunic in Black to wear with as well, so no brainer---I'll likely shorten the skirt to suit my taste). Then need to decide if I'm going for any more colors. I love the comfort and versatility of this fabric.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor

So Sheesh: Here are my burning questions?

1. Does this fabric "pill". My Linea ponte knit pants - I was sad to figure out - pill. So I have a pair in black I keep for "good" and a pair in black I wear more every day and then work at shaving the pills off periodically

2. Louis describes the fit as "closer". As a tall plus size, this gives me pause. What does he mean by that? I know it must be subjective and hard to describe.

3. Is it really stretchy?

4. Does it wrinkle?

5. How does it launder?

6. Why does he say he feels the cardigan should be buttoned? Does the fabric tend to flop around a bit - no guts to it?

Have definitely held off experimenting with this particular fabric so will be really interested in your experience with it. While the "tunic" as Louis calls it has almost sold out, there are 20 less than 5 star reviews. That's a fair amount. And several mention that the tunic shouldn't be purchased by plus size women as it is way too snug. That too is an "off-putting" evaluation.

Realize you can't speak to all these questions but maybe you can help with some of them?

Respected Contributor

I'm also in a wait-and-see mode on this new Leisure line and will be interested in hearing what others have to say about the fit and fabric. (Love it in pink!). What I was hoping to see--and Louis confirmed that we will see eventually--are more flowy/comfy fabrics. When I think ""Leisure"" that's what it means to me anyway.

Respected Contributor

It's very pretty, but I'm not a fan of "signature" buttons or logos on my clothing. This one has both. I hope both of these features won't be appearing on all of the new clothing items.

Respected Contributor

I was really happy to see this new Leisure Line but too much spandex in the tunic which sold recently and I am thinking probably the same for this cardigan. When spandex in tops are 8% and10% I find this uncomfortable to wear. However will wait for further items hopefully not loaded with spandex.
Respected Contributor

On 1/22/2015 TheOwl said:

1. Does this fabric "pill". My Linea ponte knit pants - I was sad to figure out - pill. So I have a pair in black I keep for "good" and a pair in black I wear more every day and then work at shaving the pills off periodically

2. Louis describes the fit as "closer". As a tall plus size, this gives me pause. What does he mean by that? I know it must be subjective and hard to describe.

4. Does it wrinkle?

5. How does it launder?

6. Why does he say he feels the cardigan should be buttoned? Does the fabric tend to flop around a bit - no guts to it?

Have definitely held off experimenting with this particular fabric so will be really interested in your experience with it. While the "tunic" as Louis calls it has almost sold out, there are 20 less than 5 star reviews. That's a fair amount. And several mention that the tunic shouldn't be purchased by plus size women as it is way too snug. That too is an "off-putting" evaluation.

Realize you can't speak to all these questions but maybe you can help with some of them?

Hi Marilyn here. I will tell you the fabric has lots of stretch and does not flop around. I think he meant when you button it this is how he likes it buttoned. In the pink pictures he shows it completely unbuttoned so I'm sure he likes it that way too or he wouldn't have shown it that way, but you can always ask him on his website.. I own many pieces in this fabric and it definitely doesn't pill.

Trusted Contributor

My first Linea Leisure piece will be the hoodie, which I hope will come out this month. I'll get a matching tank if it'll be a jacket rather than a pullover. Unfortunately, no pants for me because they're too short.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not crazy about little embroidered logos and I don't like the pockets so will be passing on this (at least for now).

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

On 1/22/2015 TheOwl said:

4. Does it wrinkle?

5. How does it launder?

Owl & Graceco, I have this fabric in the recent tunic from Louis. I will attempt to answer your questions. 1) I find the fabric "beefy" in a good sense. No under garments show through and it always holds its shape. 2) because it always holds it shape, it means that it returns to its exact measurements after you put it on. It has stretch to get it on but not like WK where it continues to stretch to your shape after you put it on. 3) so it's a tighter denser fabrication. 4) washes beautifully -- I hang to dry, don't want it to shrink. Does not wrinkles. 5) the "closer to the body" to me is that it stays the same shape. My advice, review the garment measurements and decide on these measurements what size you really are in this fabric. I would not just buy a piece based on your WK size, I would go more with your Linea jacket size. I hope this helps. I am a size small in WK and really a medium (sometimes 8 or smaller 10) in Linea jackets. I got the tunic in this piece in a medium and glad I did. I do believe that it is quite a nice fabric for larger women because of the beefiness and design structure. However, look at the garment measurements before picking your size. Personally I am very pleased with it.