Respected Contributor

Re: New Colors -Twig & Chili Pepper - Ponte Seamed Jacket A233182

JJM, I have three of them, but I only shortened mine. I love this skirt and it really was my summer uniform last year. I think it ran just a tad big, hence the returns---and then no reorder....darn! Did you say it was reordered? That was not my understanding, unless there was an update that I missed.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2014 Sheesh said:

JJM, I have three of them, but I only shortened mine. I love this skirt and it really was my summer uniform last year. I think it ran just a tad big, hence the returns---and then no reorder....darn! Did you say it was reordered? That was not my understanding, unless there was an update that I missed.

I wish the drawstring skirt HAD been reordered!! I wore a Small in that one-- got the Limoges blue and the black ones. Just ordered the white Small jacket and the XL skirt. Going to try and take it to my seamstress to see if she can take the skirt and alter it to the Small using maybe the Small as the template.

Keeping fingers crossed that it can be done. Kicking myself for not ordering the Large skirt when it was available!!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/20/2014 JustJazzmom said:

Anyone purchase the drawstring skirt from this suit? I see there are split sizes now on certain colors. How difficult was it to alter the skirt to fit you? I know someone was thinking about doing that, did that person follow through and alter the skirt? How did it come out?

That might have been me. I have this skirt in white/small, which I'd purchased on the bay. I haven't been out due to the flu but will let you know what happens once I'm up and about. For me, this skirt ran very large. I exchanged my normal XS for XXS back when the colors where available. Its one of my favorites and I wore the other three colors alot last summer. The blue is gorgeous. I see my Twig jacket was shipped today!
Valued Contributor

This skirt would work with the chili pepper jacket.

Linea by Louis DellOlio Paisley Border Print Skirt w/Ruffle

By the way, I LOVE this jacket. I have it in black, Limoges blue, and white. Perfect summer jacket. Very flattering cut, too. Slimming. I'm waiting for my twig and chili pepper to arrive. I will live in these when it gets warm.

Frequent Contributor

On 3/19/2014 queendiva said:

This is one of my all time fave casual jackets. I have the black; trying not to be tempted by the twig...

GIVE IN TO YOUR TEMPTATION!!{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I have the black also, and just received the twig after being on waitlist forever -- the color is sensational -- the perfect neutral, and matches the new rayon/span tank perfectly. Because I am fairly large chested, I tend to always order darker colors in an effort to minimize, so this color took a real leap of faith for me. I am so glad I did -- this jacket fits just like the black, and because of the wonderful tailoring, it looks flattering in any color. This is and probably always will be my favorite Linea jacket -- You can't beat the comfort of Louis's ponte knit.

Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2014 Qulia said:

This skirt would work with the chili pepper jacket.

Linea by Louis DellOlio Paisley Border Print Skirt w/Ruffle

By the way, I LOVE this jacket. I have it in black, Limoges blue, and white. Perfect summer jacket. Very flattering cut, too. Slimming. I'm waiting for my twig and chili pepper to arrive. I will live in these when it gets warm.

This is why I purchased the chili pepper jacket-- to coordinate with this skirt. I wear that skirt with an aqua tank. I also have a purple tank to match with the purple in the print.

Honored Contributor

I am thinking of getting a sweater in Chili Pepper. Is it is orangey red? I don't have the Boho skirts.

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2014 Daysdee said:

I am thinking of getting a sweater in Chili Pepper. Is it is orangey red? I don't have the Boho skirts.

Its not an orangey red color. Its as depicted on the monitor (see the skirt above?)

My chili pepper jacket arrived today and its lovely!! The package wrinkles easily steamed out with a hand held steamer, a few loose threads on the fabric (from somewhere else as they were a different color than the jacket??) and its all set. There are snap in or out thin shoulder pads too. I missed out last year on the black jacket and bought it this year.

Also noticed the label now says :Linea Ponte instead of Linea by Louis Dell Olio on the newer jackets. I have last yrs. Limoges blue jacket and it has the older label inside the jacket.

Respected Contributor

I wish the drawstring skirt HAD been reordered!! I wore a Small in that one-- got the Limoges blue and the black ones. Just ordered the white Small jacket and the XL skirt. Going to try and take it to my seamstress to see if she can take the skirt and alter it to the Small using maybe the Small as the template.

Keeping fingers crossed that it can be done. Kicking myself for not ordering the Large skirt when it was available!!

Let's keep asking Louis for this skirt to be reordered...maybe next year the PTB may relent. It's such a casual, comfortable skirt---I just can't say enough about how much I enjoyed them last summer---I got the Black, Limoges and White skirts and jackets and the Black and White pants. Perfect every day or vacation clothes, mix and match--throw the skirt over a bathing suit to go for lunch---this is Summer Clothing at it's finest. Grab some Whisper Knit Tanks to go with---what's not to like?!!!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor

On 3/24/2014 Sheesh said:

Let's keep asking Louis for this skirt to be reordered...maybe next year the PTB may relent. It's such a casual, comfortable skirt---I just can't say enough about how much I enjoyed them last summer---I got the Black, Limoges and White skirts and jackets and the Black and White pants. Perfect every day or vacation clothes, mix and match--throw the skirt over a bathing suit to go for lunch---this is Summer Clothing at it's finest. Grab some Whisper Knit Tanks to go with---what's not to like?!!!

Yes I was really disappointed that the skirts weren't reordered. I have the black and blue and they were my go-to skirts last summer. I was sorry I didn't get the white.