Trusted Contributor

Why do other women get so upset when other's show a fashion faux pas or an extremely ill fitting garmet. Are we all on the fashion board because "we" all love fashsion. I think as women we all want to look the very best we can. It doesn't matter what size you are, from xxs to 4x if the clothes look beautiful on your body type "YOU" will look good.

Why as women do we get so upset and critical?

I'm just asking the forum. I just want to get a discussion together.

thanks! Smiley Happy

Brunette

Super Contributor

I don't get upset. I do think it's petty to point out that sort of thing.

That may be the only thing that the person photographed has to wear.

Super Contributor

I don't know the answer, but many days I know I'm a fashion faux pas and I just don't care. If I thought I looked great and it turned out I was a hot mess, I guess that would be one thing. But, today, I am sitting inside waiting for the cable guy to show up - I'm wearing polka-dot Birkenstocks, socks, and yoga pants! Total fashion don't, so I hope cable guy doesn't take a pic and send to internet for me to live in that outfit in eternity with black dot over my face!

Honored Contributor

I really don't care what people wear. I either like what they're wearing or I don't.

But I don't say I don't like what you're wearing because I have something better or I wear something better. That's wrong, IMO.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/26/2014 Kathleen said:

I don't get upset. I do think it's petty to point out that sort of thing.

That may be the only thing that the person photographed has to wear.

I never really see you getting upset either. I just see you giving your opinions (which is certainly fine). That's what this forum is for.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/26/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

I don't know the answer, but many days I know I'm a fashion faux pas and I just don't care. If I thought I looked great and it turned out I was a hot mess, I guess that would be one thing. But, today, I am sitting inside waiting for the cable guy to show up - I'm wearing polka-dot Birkenstocks, socks, and yoga pants! Total fashion don't, so I hope cable guy doesn't take a pic and send to internet for me to live in that outfit in eternity with black dot over my face!

Hi there! Well you are in the house cable guy or not. lol! I wear yoga pants, hair in a pony tail and no makeup when I'm doing stuff inside. When I go out in public that another story! lol

Honored Contributor

I think because we women tend to be very judgemental about things that really don't matter at all.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/26/2014 brii said:

I really don't care what people wear. I either like what they're wearing or I don't.

But I don't say I don't like what you're wearing because I have something better or I wear something better. That's wrong, IMO.

I agree. I would never go up to someone and say that either. But if we are on a fashion board and their are pics of people (face hidden) of what is not flattering, what is wrong with that? I don't think anything is wrong with it personally. I used to get Glamour magazine and they would do that all the time.

Honored Contributor
On 3/26/2014 brunette8706 said:
On 3/26/2014 brii said:

I agree. I would never go up to someone and say that either. But if we are on a fashion board and their are pics of people (face hidden) of what is not flattering, what is wrong with that? I don't think anything is wrong with it personally. I used to get Glamour magazine and they would do that all the time.

Showing a picture of something unflattering is one thing. Showing a picture and mocking them or saying I dress better is different.

Respected Contributor
On 3/26/2014 brii said:
On 3/26/2014 brunette8706 said:
On 3/26/2014 brii said:

Showing a picture of something unflattering is one thing. Showing a picture and mocking them or saying I dress better is different.

Some things are just obvious, but going out of your way to start an open forum for the sake of "making fun" is not really a discussion.