Respected Contributor

Re: NOW CHECKING CARE LABELS

@Zhills

I think this is probably the same item Susan said she didn't know why it said dry clean.  Just wash on gentle and hang to dry.  I can't remember the item, but I believe it was pants.  The material was the same as many of her other items, so I think the manufacturer automatically uses dry clean.  For instance I have found on all items with the Calvin Klein label in our local department store that are made with polyester and spandex have Dry Clean as the care instruction.  No reason I can see, just poly and spandex. I have not purchased any but a co-worker does and she washes hers just fine.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I check before I buy too.  If an item is Dry Clean Only, needs to be ironed, or has to lay flat to dry, then I don't buy it.  Period. 

QVC fashion hosts should always give us washing/care instructions in addition to measurements, colors, and lists of where each item should be worn.   I really don't care if a shirt is perfect for pumpkin-picking - I want to know if I can toss it in the washer and dryer.

@tototwo. Yes. Many times the info written on the left side of screen will say machine wash, but nothing about how to dry the garment.

Respected Contributor

I never pay any attention to the lay flat to dry instruction.  Many of my clothes say that.  I always wash in cold water on medium, put them in the dryer for a few minutes to take out the stiffness and wrinkles from the washer and then hang to dry.  Have not had a problem doing this. I have no where to lay flat to dry and see no reason to do so.  I put on hangers on door knobs, towel racks, etc. til dry.  I have even if after they have almost dried and still not quite dry enough, put them back in the dryer on low heat til dry

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

I machine wash everything that isn't wool and put everything that doesn't have a lining in the dryer.
Respected Contributor

I never lay flat to dry - I throw things in the dryer for 5 minutes then hang on a hanger.

I don't mind ironing.  The only things I dry clean are woolens.  Or anything with a lining.  

Honored Contributor

I don't buy anything that has to be dry cleaned except for winter coats.  I've always read and followed care labels because I want my clothes to last and look good.  But even if an item says machine wash and dry;  I will often either hand wash or machine wash and hang or drape over a chair to dry.  I really don't put many knits and synthetics in the dryer.