Honored Contributor

Many of the new combo fabrics, especially w/ spandex, require "laying flat to dry". Some are "dry clean only". Uh, no. There are fabrics that must be washed on gentle cycle and hung to dry or those that can be dried but on low heat only....after turning inside out.

Then there are labels w/o words only symbols with washing machines with a line through it and an iron with a line through it. Those have been the only 2 I've recognized. 

Anyone else noticing that just just doing the laundry now requires your "readers"?

Honored Contributor

Re: NOW CHECKING CARE LABELS

I try to make a point of doing that when I buy.  If it's not easy care, it's not for me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I check before I buy too.  If an item is Dry Clean Only, needs to be ironed, or has to lay flat to dry, then I don't buy it.  Period. 

QVC fashion hosts should always give us washing/care instructions in addition to measurements, colors, and lists of where each item should be worn.   I really don't care if a shirt is perfect for pumpkin-picking - I want to know if I can toss it in the washer and dryer.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains inappropriate language.

Honored Contributor

I rarely use my dryer so to line dry or lay flat to dry is not an issue.

I only do dry clean for my better coats & jackets, like wool blends of which I have few.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CatsyCline, that is hilarious.  I hearted you but that deserves a mention*

*glad I caught it in time!  HILARIOUS!

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

YES, @Shanus, in all seriousness (ahsleydupreigh''s post, which was removed, was funny at no one's expense, but contained an "apropros" though "inappropriate" word), I hate the teeny care labels with the esoteric symbols.  That is, if you can find the durn thing.

I had no idea there were so many ways to launder.  I guess with the proliferation of new fabric "hybrids" this has come to be (I really wanted to use "become" instead of "come to be", as an object or transitive verb or whatever it is!  but I didn't find it "apropos" here).

😎

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

funny i posted the "vanilla" laundry symbols in a separate post but that was removed as well !

i thought the joke one was cute . didnt last long!

Esteemed Contributor

Wish I would have caught Ashleigh's post.  Oh well, it really is hard to figure out the symbols sometimes.  The line through's are obvious but the pictures with 1,2, or 3 dots are ridiculous.........Luckily I got  a chart once with a bottle of Wisk and it's magnetized so I keep it on the side of the washer!!

Esteemed Contributor

Susan Graver presented a pair of pants that said, "dry clean."  I thought she knew better!  

Maybe she is trying to appeal to a younger business clientele!