Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Shanus 

Since when does novelty equate to dressy?? Less is more, solid colors are always dressier than a print.

Me thinks you're just coming up with a more creative way to complain about the things you don't like....

Woman Surprised

BINGO!

Esteemed Contributor

My advice is to wear what makes you happy.  Forget the “rules.”  This is a time, for me at least, to showcase some of my jewelry.  Unusual statement pieces.  And I did note in Martha’s latest magazine, that cameos are making a comeback.  For me, they never went away.  I have a very large cameo I wear on a chain.  I also sometimes wear my great-grandmother’s gold pocket watch on a chain.  White blouses are lovely, but consider what color looks best near your face.

Honored Contributor

Like. you @Shanus  there are a lot of styles that are popular today that I do not like...things are much more casual today as we all know.  I purchased a shark hem logo top....it looks ridiulous on me, I should have sent it back.

I think J Jill (not always wild about how their things wear after washing) has some nice dressy casual tops.  I have a nice white blouse that I wear with pearls and either diamond earrings or pearl earrings and bracelets.... and black pants..always looks dressy. 

I also have two California dreams jackets, one is a shrug the other a longer cami.  The long cami is usually pinned shut with a nice pin..tends to dress up the solid black a bit...I wear  printed pants and dressy shoes....

Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

I personally feel you can get a lot of mileage from a white/ivory silk shirt and black pants.

42pol1-l-610x610-pants-tumblr-black+pants-white+shirt-silk-silk+shirt-shirt-wrap+choker-choker+necklace-necklace-clutch-bag-pumps-pointed+toe+pumps-high+heel+pumps-nude+heels.jpg

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Shanus 

Since when does novelty equate to dressy?? Less is more, solid colors are always dressier than a print.

Me thinks you're just coming up with a more creative way to complain about the things you don't like....

Woman Surprised

BINGO!

@Ms tyrion2 @Andreatoo Insulting me does nothing to help answer my question. No comment sometimes is the way to go. Have a nice weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus, I also noticed someone could not believe you had no Linea tops.  While maybe not you, I would like to remind people that so many of Linea’s Tops with long sleeves do not come in petite sizes.  And I, for one, have had it with having to pay for expensive alterations.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Shanus, I also noticed someone could not believe you had no Linea tops.  While maybe not you, I would like to remind people that so many of Linea’s Tops with long sleeves do not come in petite sizes.  And I, for one, have had it with having to pay for expensive alterations.

@PamfromCT   I agree. Many companies have either discontinued or limited choices in petites. You're right. I have to hem pants and usually shorten sleeves, as well.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus If you have a Marshalls or TJ Maxx nearby try the Calvin Klein blouses there. From the CK suit line. They're past season bargain prices. They do sell petites in those stores. I don't shop in that department but I know they do.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Valued Contributor

I was in Kohl's yesterday shopping for jeans for my "curvy" body and saw lots of nice blouses,sweaters and blazers. I don't need any tops but I did stop to admire many.

I also agree about  TJM and Marshall's.