Trusted Contributor

Louis dell’Olio has been presenting beautiful things for many years.  Hard to Imagine how you never got any of his.

Esteemed Contributor

I personally feel you can get a lot of mileage from a white/ivory silk shirt and black pants.

42pol1-l-610x610-pants-tumblr-black+pants-white+shirt-silk-silk+shirt-shirt-wrap+choker-choker+necklace-necklace-clutch-bag-pumps-pointed+toe+pumps-high+heel+pumps-nude+heels.jpg

Honored Contributor

It's no longer available but SG's #A297683 worked for me on a recent cruise where it wasn't "formal" night but I wanted to be a little dressy.  Washes and travels very well.  I'm sure she has something similar available.

I would stay away from solid white under any circumstances especially around wine!!!

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz   I do have several white silk blouses, but as @SilleeMee  pointed out, not the best choice for eating/drinking wine.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@magicmoodz   I do have several white silk blouses, but as @SilleeMee  pointed out, not the best choice for eating/drinking wine.

@Shanus 

I understand what you are saying. I too can be a "saver" of my finer garments. But then I have to ask myself why. Besides, there are very few "dressier" occasions I attend that don't include food and drink.  That silk shirt is worthless if it is just going to hang in my closet. 

Respected Contributor

i love the images that @LTT1 has provided and i would look into those options for sure.   i have a few  dressy tops left from when i was working (very conservative and without bells and whistles) that i save for the rare dressy occasion that i attend.  

Contributor

What is the big deal on this.   A good looking shirt with or with out sequins is appropriate.   It is a wine tasting event.  Jeans and a good sweater is appropriate also.

Don't make an issue of this.  Heels, jeans or black slacks, a good pair of pearl earrings and there you go.   Have fun

Honored Contributor

Animal prints are very popular right now. This one from Tolani looks great with black pants. This particular top comes in plus sizes only. But you get the idea. Can be really dressy if you add some jewelry.

NMTZDCY_mz.jpg

Honored Contributor
@SilleeMee

Love this look you posted!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Here are a few of my suggestions - I'm betting at least a c ouple of those tees/tops are solid colors ie white & black, even a red or blue. Can you tuck the shirt in (and I'm not talking a 1/2 tuck either unless you want to and it looks good). Or Leave it out and add a belt (if you still have any!) Top it off with a statement necklace, a long necklace, balanced with great earrings. Add a bracelet or 2 or 3 if you can.

If you think you may need a jacket/blazer or a nice maybe lightwght cardi for the evening, maybe lose the belt (or not)

Cool shoes & a small handbag, a clutch kind of item.

BAM!