Frequent Contributor

I have maybe 3-4 blouses of modal. i wear cotten to sleep, I dont like how model shows my bra, I prefer model in prints for that reason.

if its in Model, i pass on it. Cotten is 'breathable". 

Honored Contributor

love it in many forms.......cool, soft, comfortable, easy to care for.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I don't like the feel of it.  I prefer cotton or rayon.  For me, it's texture.  Like mayonnaise. I cannot stand the texture of mayonnaise in my mouth.  If it is in a salad or other things where I cannot feel the texture, it is okay but not for a salad dressing and I cannot stand salad dressings that are based on mayo.  

So modal is fine for others and in small doses (I do have some) but I don't shop for it and try to avoid it, however, hard it is becoming (like polyester).

Respected Contributor

I'm not a fan of it either.  I find its awfully hard to get the wrinkles out.  True it is soft, but seems so artificial.  I prefer cotton w/a touch of spandex for stretch.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@DJP wrote:

Does anyone else not like the modal fabric. 

I made the error or ordering a night gown in modal from Eileen West and wore it a few times and really disliked it. The fabric just doesn't breath...or at least for me.

Honored Contributor

I love the softness of model.  I give it a little body with Magic Spray sizing.

Respected Contributor

As with most kinds of fabric, not all modals are created equal.  I have a number of warm weather pieces made of modal.  Some I like better than others. For the most part I kind it lightweight and cool. 

Wrinkling doesn't bother me as I steam or iron almost everything I wear.

Trusted Contributor

Raising my hand. If it's a small amount, fine, but too much and it actually has a very rubbery feeling to it. At least for me