Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MAR 24)

Greeetings, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day.For a change, I got in 8 hours of great sleep, awaking only one time. I started the day with the news, coffee, and exercise. I have in over 2,000 steps so far.

UPS delivered from Amazon my supply of cat food and litter yesterday.  I let the box sit on the deck almost 24 hours, and then took contents out and brought the contents inside. The box is now in the back yard enjoying the sunshine. I expect another delivery today of the paper towels, of which I am a big user despsite having the microfiber cloths. Bernie, you are a good enabler...and I think we both have latent prepper genes.

I am slopping around the house in my Hanes sweats I got on sale, so my outfit of top and pants is a really big $15 or $16. Since this is a fashion forum, I loved the following and decided to post it:

apocalypse.jpg

This situation will require adjustments for all of us. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/us/coronavirus-which-states-stay-at-home-order-trnd/index.html

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely...and hang in there as we adjust to what we hope is a temporary reality.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MAR 24)

Hi Everyone!

I was up super early today. (before the dogs) Never a good sign but decided that I might as well wash the bed comforter. It isn't raining so I'm going to do some banking later. I need to run the car a few times during the week and I've gotten off schedule.

I will be opening my last bag of dog chow for their dinner so I ordered another bag. I was a little surprised that they had a banter on the page about high demand and longer ship times. They have quite a few flavors so I picked their favorite as a treat. I'm going to see how long it takes to get here and mayber place another order for a back up bag. It was quite the challenge to find a brand and flavors that worked for both dogs for digestion and preference. I avoid upsetting that cart at all costs.  

The market that I grocery shop sent an email stating that they were taping off the floors with the "safe" distance marks to stand for the check out lines. They were also installing plexiglass between the cashier and the customer. They do not want the reuseable bags brought into the store--it's all plastic until the virus is over. They also discontinued their perks programs whichh I have no clue how that is influenced either way. Should be interesting. I plan on grocery shopping some day this week. I'm hoping it's tomorrow before it gets too crazy.

It's cold today. No rain. Yippee!! The ground is trying to freeze but it has so much moisture. Rain is in the forecast for tomorrow and then some cool temps. The ground is so wet here. It just doesn't have a chance to dry before the next storm arrives..

Our female dog's allergies are just blooming. I really think she's allergic to dirt & dust from the yard. Good thing she's on her pills but she still has her skin irritation in certain spots. I have a baket of sprays, oils, etc. to help soothe those areas. We went 10 months without a breakout .That was a new record. I almost thought that maybe she outgrew it.

I haven't shopped /watched too much QVC these last two weeks. I'm still trying to stock up the house with some misc. essentials and spend holiday gift cards. Most of my favorite stores are closed now so that will save me $$ and keep me safe. I know the grocery store and pharmacy are the most "at risk" places for me.

Have a good afternoon/evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fressa--Good move on ordering the pet food. If it has a long expiration date, I would be tempted to order another just in case. When I ordered mine, it was not available. I know they say not to overshop but pets don't understand what is going on  and if this extends a month or more as is possible, then it might be needed.

I liked that jacket they had on Denim & Co. and I need either a white or light khaki. I have a feeling the khaki or sand might be coming home to me. I would likely use that color more than the white. My old khaki jacket has seen better days.

We have 20 cases with no deaths so far, but our neighboring states of Ohio and Kentucky have had deaths.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

KomKat: 

The chow I  buy has a 6 month shelf life but I' always concerned about the humidity effect here. I hope to order a back up bag on Friday. I'll have to take inventory on the canned food and snacks. They do have variety. LOL

I keep looking at that D&C jacket with the bling buttons. I'm all over the pink but the white is always great. White is like a paw print magnet for me so I usually decide on sand.

I saw Linea had a preview on facebook showing sapphire silk pant and jacket. So tempting.

We had two more cases reported overnight. There has been conflicting information this morning as far as restrictions. However, the At Home store (which is closed) is offering a buy on line and curb side pick up at your local store. You have to give them credit to creative thinking. I wonder if some of the other retailers will take this approach?

Stay comfy and safe.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  It is a sunny day here, and it should go up into the 70's. Tomorrow should be even warmer, but considerably cooler and cloudy weather is predicted for Thursday and Friday.  I really enjoy walking outdoors, so I plan to do so whatever the weather might be.  But, I decided to see if there was a Leslie Sansone DVD I might like to do -- I found I had a huge number of DVD's.  I know some like streaming workouts on their computers or even phones, but I find that very difficult.  I am thinking of offering my neighbors some of the DVD's I'm not using.

Some of the D&Co. items were really tempting, but I resisted ordering so far.  Glad you are getting things that you ordered.  I just saw an article that Amazon is prioritizing Prime members, and I know both of us are members so we probably will be getting our orders faster than some. 

The local Wal Mart had their first "senior hours" this morning (starting at 6:00 a.m.)  One of the people on our neighborhood e-newsletter said it was ridiculous.  Apparently, they were only letting in a few people at a time, but the line outdoors was long and not spaced out at all.  He gave up and went to Safeway instead.  

Interesting how different States and locations are implementing different rules for the virus.  I think the State of Arizona is lagging far behind our county in that regard.  

Glad you got some sleep last night, Jean.  I did pretty well myself -- but not as well as you did. 

Sorry you didn't sleep well, Fressa.  Good luck with your errands and getting the dog food, etc., that you need. 

Unlike twinny, cleaning and de-cluttering are not my thing, but I am taking advantage of this extra time at home to do both.  I do find a certain satisfaction with cleaning and de-cluttering, but it is not high on my "pleasure" list compared to other things such as exercising, volunteering, cooking, reading, etc. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--It is interesting to compare the states and how they are addressing this issue. What I consifder interesting is that a certain governor of a certain sunshine state permitted a week of beaches densely populated by Spring Break students but now is requiring a 14 day quarantine of anyone flying in from the three states highly affected now. Perhaps he didn't realize the possibility of the virus among students. I wondered how WalMart was handling the distancing suggestion. It certainly is easier shopping from home. 

You definitely have great control when it comes to shopping.  I am with you on the cleaning and decluttering. It isn't a joy for me. I could get several things ready for donation but the one  tbut which didn't have great hours for donation for anyone who worked stated they were closed for the duration of the "stay at home" orders. I can stil get some things ready for the one in the city whenever they are open and whenever I have a legitimate reason to go there. It is hard to get motivated to remove things when you still have to keep it until a donation center opens.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, bright sunny day here too but windy and chilly...it was a terrible day here yesterday....started out as snow but changed to a lot of rain.  One of my DS up in Maine had over 7 inches and my DD in Vt.had several inches too.      

Not much goi g on here..staying  in.. everything is closed anyway...except for essentials....our town even closed the parks, beaches ,fields ,playgrounds etc...haven't been out since  last Thursday....we have about  8 confirmed cases in my town with a few hundred in our state.....my neighboring state has about 25,000 plus in NYC....I don't know the total statewide.

I had made a big pot of spaghetti sauce over the weekend so tonight we we are having ravioli....I have a good supply food here so ok.......stay safe everyone.     Marijane

Trusted Contributor

Oops sorry..there are 15  000 cases in NYC...25;000 in entire state.      Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--I ended up ordering that jacket in sand as I consider it more practical and cost effective. I wore the other khaki one for several years. I have a D&C in pink, black and blue but they are not the same version as this one.

Marijane--Your day yesterday sounded miserable so I hope your day of "stay at home" is better today. I must say the ravioli sounds good. I also have enough food so that I don't  have to leave the house despite going for food is permitted.

The Ohio governor is making an address now. Ours is supposed to speak at 3pm. Due to my location, I get to hear the addresses of three states.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

After a few people acted inappropriately with the procedures my vet practice implemented to better ensure people's safety, the head vet  posted on Facebook the following procedures:

New hours/guidelines below (from Dr E)

Hope you all are ok and feeling well. I have appreciated your support so much these last few days! The good guys have really balanced out the bad guys! ❤️
(Jack-Jack is happy I’m home to play with with him and his toy snake.)

New hours are 8-4, closed 1-2 for lunch.
*We will have a small staff of one vet, 2 assistants, and one receptionist. If ANY of them are taken ill, that ENTIRE group of 4 will go home, and another team of 4 (fresh from quarantine!) will take over. In this way, we will try to keep the clinic open and available for your pets, but staffed with healthy people.

We will see any sick or injured pet. We will keep those baby kittens & puppies vaccinated and dewormed. We will consider surgeries as necessary but keeping this minimal right now. We will refill medicines and still have flea and tick treatments available. Please call (and be patient if the lines are busy!) if you have a concern.

Thank you everyone. Take care. Hug your families and pets! Hunker down and remember we’re all in this together.