Respected Contributor
On 1/10/2015 feline groovy said:

Why don't you just look them up via the item's page?

Seems silly not to order just because they're not shown onscreen.

My TV's upstairs and my office is downstairs. I'd have to go downstairs and wait for it to boot up and then go to "click here." Also, there are some people who don't have computers, or if they do, don't know how to utilize them. If you're watching QVC on TV, you should get all the info you need to purchase a product!

Honored Contributor

When the hosts say once you know your size (from the size chart) you should be okay. Well, that's a crock if ever I heard one. I need to know chest measurements, sleeve measurements (long sleeve only), waist measurements (so I know if the garment is boxy). When I ordered Denim & Co (don't order much these days) I was sometimes a medium and sometimes a small.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Frequent Contributor

I sent an email to QVC suggesting they tell people the measurements of all garments online like they do on ShopHQ. These could be used for on-air presentations too. I got no response.

Frequent Contributor
On 1/10/2015 circles said:

do you remember, years ago, when the hosts would say....once you know your size it will be the same for all their lines of clothing....what happened to that rule of thumb....

That simply is not true as sizing varies so much for different lines of QVC clothing. I really think everyone trying to sell clothing on QVC is just getting lazy.

Super Contributor
On 1/10/2015 fortune said:
On 1/10/2015 feline groovy said:

Why don't you just look them up via the item's page?

Seems silly not to order just because they're not shown onscreen.

My TV's upstairs and my office is downstairs. I'd have to go downstairs and wait for it to boot up and then go to "click here." Also, there are some people who don't have computers, or if they do, don't know how to utilize them. If you're watching QVC on TV, you should get all the info you need to purchase a product!

Fortune you are so right! This has been going on too long...the quackery Factory lady(RIP) and Jane Brown both hated giving verbal bust and hip measurements on air. That was when they switched to just giving length only....worthless! They flash the sizing on the screen but I miss them half the time. Then if you need to boot up the computer....it is sold out. Big loss for QVC!
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/11/2015 Bird mama said:

When the hosts say once you know your size (from the size chart) you should be okay. Well, that's a crock if ever I heard one. I need to know chest measurements, sleeve measurements (long sleeve only), waist measurements (so I know if the garment is boxy). When I ordered Denim & Co (don't order much these days) I was sometimes a medium and sometimes a small.

You are so right. The sizing varies not only between clothing lines, but within the lines themselves, and then sometimes within one item! I used to always take a medium in Susan Graver, now I take a small, and I definitely have not gotten any smaller! I took a medium in D&Co, now usually a small, but now even when I check the "click here" measurements, sometimes I'm not sure because one tee shirt might fit perfectly, but a different one that is basically the same tee shirt but maybe with a different neckline has different measurements. This happens with Liz Claiborne as well. So now, for me, it's a guessing game no matter how many measurements I look at, because the garment may not even have those measurements when I get it home.

So I've decided I have enough clothes, and I'm not ordering any more. I'm tired of buying and returning, when it's not my fault. I know my measurements, and I know what should fit, but they keep changing everything.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Frequent Contributor

I hate that they have done this again!

We should not have to call or check while watching tv.

Some do not have a tablet, computer to check ourselves which is a pain the...

As horrid as these forums are it is impossible to know where to write to complain and if we do how do we know if they even saw our message. HSN does not show the measurements either, and I, therefore, never buy fashion from them.

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Yesterday, Amy did a guesstamation on the length of some Denim and Co pants. She based it on the height of the models.

That seems silly -- from what I've seen, the inseam information is always listed on the host's blue card for the item. Besides, I've noticed that Amy often doesn't make any allowance for different body types (long legs/long torso) when she's offering suggestions about what heights should order regular vs. petite vs. tall (when offered).

On today's D&Co show with Jill, a caller made a request that measurements be put on the screen.  Both Jill and Gary said that they would "take up the cause."

Super Contributor

Re: Measurements???

[ Edited ]

On the Denim & Co show this afternoon, Jill said she's going to get on "them" about putting the bust measurements on the screen when they're showing a shirt, jacket or knit top. I hope she follows through on that; it would be a big help.

Honored Contributor

Well, if QVC doesn't have measurements for the garments anymore,  maybe what they're saying is that they don't care if you buy ... or not.