Esteemed Contributor

It's the host's job to give or show measurements! If I'm watching and shopping, why should I have to boot up and go hunting measurements. I want to consider my own measurements and size, not talk it over wasting time with a phone operator. Jayne Brown can be thanked for having those measurements taken off air.

Honored Contributor

IMO They haven't done a good job of showing measurements on air in years.  I don't order that much clothing, but when I think about it I always check the measurements online.  Even then I can make a mistake and order something that just doesn't fit.  Ugh.  This is why I prefer to try them on first in a store.  I make fewer bad purchases this way.

Respected Contributor

I am SO SICK of the hosts saying to order the same size because once you have your size, they are all the same.   EXAMPLE:  The new wide-wale cord pants (A269353) Carolyn presented today, she said they were the SAME measuresment as the popular side pocket pants (A53351). 

They are NOT!!!  I wear an XL in the side pocket pants, which have a 45-inch hip measurement.  The new cord pants hip measurement in the XL is 50 inches!!!!  A 5-inch difference is a pretty big difference!! 

I, too, don't understand why they can't put the measurements on the screen for ALL clothing items presented.

Honored Contributor
I use the taped phone system after dinner. Frankly I'm too lazy to get up off my duff and go turn on the computer unless I REALLY want the item. They are losing sales.