Esteemed Contributor

ITA except for me GR doesn't work well, but I love theother two lines! @kaydee50 

As far as matronly looking, I think it's all in the style you like or dislike.  What may look matronly on me may look very nice on someone else.

Respected Contributor

the clothing options via internet are endless.

find what you like, buy it, enjoy it.

everything is not for you, nor should it be.   the rest of us may want something you do not.

no need to diss or put down or use a term to negatively define something you don't like.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Anything can look 'matronly'. Just depends on how something is styled. That makes all the difference in the world.

To me 'matronly' is what the women on The Golden Girls wore.

I am laughing. It is all a matter of age and an individual's perspective. I thought the younger three particularly Rose and Blanche were well-dressed. Sophia was the only one who looked matronly to me. Keeping in mind that she had just escaped Shady Pines tells you my perspective.LOL

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Speaking of matronly, see today's TSV. Totally granny shoes. Also, SG entire line, especially ' liquid knit' - cheap looking and matronly.

Totally disagree, I think the TSV is cute and current with the colors.  i don't wear sneaker type shoes but i see those type of footwear all over and by women MUCH younger than me.

I don't think SG are cheap OR matronly.  I think they are well constructed and fashionable.  Liquid knit is soft, flowing and doesn't collect dog hair!  LOL

The few SG pieces I have are complimented all the time, and I do NOT look matronly in them at all.

If I was to use matronly at all, it would be D&C but not all the pieces.  Even then, I wouldn't use that word.   Some are very classic and wearable in many ways.

Honored Contributor

In the times I have checked, HSN has had an over abundance of polyester items.

I bought a belt by Inman and it was made out of that thin wood that inexpensive punch out model airplanes were made from years ago.

The belt went right back!

Respected Contributor

I buy most of my clothes from QVC and I am complimented so many times on what I am wearing.  For instance, yesterday I had a doctor appointment.  The doctor is a man in his 40's.  I had on Graver lilac crops with the fringe at the bottom and eyelet pockets and a Denim & Co top.  He said I don't know how you do it, you always dress so nice.  After my appointment I went to a restaurant for lunch and a woman who was waiting in line to be seated came over to me and said "I love your outfit".  This happens to me quite frequently.

I met a woman I now occasionally have lunch with.  We were both just one at lunch time and she came over to me to compliment what I was wearing, yes, it was from QVC.  We sat together and I made a new friend.

I probably get a compliment at least once a week.  People are friendly and I do always look nice when I go out in my QVC clothes.  I sure don't look matronly.

Trusted Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Speaking of matronly, see today's TSV. Totally granny shoes. Also, SG entire line, especially ' liquid knit' - cheap looking and matronly.

@ellaphant   I just wish the jumbo floral prints and hi low hems would go away. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@ellaphant Well I agree about the TSV shoes.  But I LOVE all my Susan Graver items, especially her dresses.  Just ordered another one this morning.  I don't think they are matronly at all.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I don't know what the term "matronly" means.  Personally, I buy more clothing from HSN than QVC mainly because of the more reasonable prices, I'm notified when an item is reduced and I find the quality to be very good especially Iman, Nina Leonard 

Mary Beth R. is an example of looking matronly in her clothing choices.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

In the times I have checked, HSN has had an over abundance of polyester items.

I bought a belt by Inman and it was made out of that thin wood that inexpensive punch out model airplanes were made from years ago.

The belt went right back!

@ECBG      A belt made of wood??  did you mean the buckle was of wood?