Esteemed Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Love to Run wrote:

@YogaGal wrote:

@Sooner  I am actually 63 years old (but a young 63yr old)  but still find QF and D&C very matronly and would never wear them because they would make me look older.   I dress very classic but youthful and not frumpy.   but that's just me and to each their own.  I run every day, do weights and teach yoga and pilates so I value continuing my youthful figure into my 60s and beyond!     But i work at it!    

My thoughts exactly. I'm 54 and a runner. My hubby and I bike, hike, kayak and strenght train together. We live a healthy, active lifestyle and love it. Living this way has allowed me to meet many women well into their 70's who look and dress amazing. The idea of dressing to hide this, or cover that up is sad to me. I know what my best features are and I highlight them.

QVC vendors often mention the 3/4 length sleeves to hide the upper arm, the capris to cover the knees, the round neck to cover the decolette, the 1 1/2 " heels because "we" don't wear high heels anymore. No thanks.

@Love to Run People are different.  Things like that aren't the way all people think and live.  Gym going is fine for some but for us, work consumed much of our lives and when we got to travel for vacation, or work if we could squeeze in the time on a trip, it was historic sites, beach areas, or cities, not hiking and rock climbing.  

To me it would be sad to worry so much about trying to keep an aging body high-heel worthy at my advanced stage of life. 

How we look has always been important to both of us and still is, but not high heels and the look of the day.  People live different lives and dress for whatever life they live, and you can tell by looking at them.  Vastly different lives don't always mean better or worse.  It's just different.  

@Sooner Agreed. One of the best parts about aging is we each get to decide how we do it.

I'm gonna have to borrow this term @Love to Run !

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Love to Run wrote:

@YogaGal wrote:

@Sooner  I am actually 63 years old (but a young 63yr old)  but still find QF and D&C very matronly and would never wear them because they would make me look older.   I dress very classic but youthful and not frumpy.   but that's just me and to each their own.  I run every day, do weights and teach yoga and pilates so I value continuing my youthful figure into my 60s and beyond!     But i work at it!    

My thoughts exactly. I'm 54 and a runner. My hubby and I bike, hike, kayak and strenght train together. We live a healthy, active lifestyle and love it. Living this way has allowed me to meet many women well into their 70's who look and dress amazing. The idea of dressing to hide this, or cover that up is sad to me. I know what my best features are and I highlight them.

QVC vendors often mention the 3/4 length sleeves to hide the upper arm, the capris to cover the knees, the round neck to cover the decolette, the 1 1/2 " heels because "we" don't wear high heels anymore. No thanks.

@Love to Run I'm older than you, but don't have your athletic lifestyle.  I still am NOT going to dress like I'm 30 years older than I am, because I don't look my age.  Good for you and hubby living an active life.  Enjoy!

@gertrudecloset Thank you  for your kind remark. This is the second time around for both of us and we want to try and keep ourselves together as long as possibleSmiley LOL

Good for you for not following these ridiculous "aging rules for fashion." I bet you look fabulous! I find what ages a person most is their mindset.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal same here.not to mention,adding jewelry,can really improve a outfit