Valued Contributor

@peachesncream  Very nice!

Esteemed Contributor

@peachesncream 

What are the washing/drying instructions?  (wondering because of the filter not being removable)

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@peachesncream 

What are the washing/drying instructions?  (wondering because of the filter not being removable)

Hi! 

Here's what the website says:

Care: Machine Washable. Remove filter and wash fabric.

OK, I've looked carefully at the lining, and it's not stitched on (as I at first thought). It has a little bit of stickiness, at both ends, that keeps it in place. But it's entirely removable. Apparently they want us to not wash the filter (so it will still work optimally?) but the mask itself is washable. 

Valued Contributor

@peachesncream  Does the filter look like it could be washed, too?

Respected Contributor

@pprmntstx wrote:

@peachesncream  Does the filter look like it could be washed, too?

It looks to me to be a kind of paperish material. It's Medical grade 100% polypropylene melt-blown.   

People magazine came out with an article about filters on June 1 and you can read it online. It's titled "Where to buy filters for CDC Approved Cloth Masks."  

The filters they describe appear to be disposable and meant to be used for about a week. 

Valued Contributor

@peachesncream  Great!  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Visited Vera Bradley store today and they were selling masks.  I was curious about them since I have been experimenting with various patterns, struggled to get good fabric, and curious about bought ones.  First off, it appears some masks mentioned by various posters look very nice.  If I hadn't spent so much on materials, I would order.  Vera ones are nothing impressive.  Fabric looser weave so light easily permiates, especially lining.  No nose clip.  Way too loose for DD who is smaller than me but not particularly small.  Definitely needs filter that they sell separately but it would not cover all of interior.  I hate buying without looking and touching and trying on.  

Esteemed Contributor

I just saw something that kind of saddened me, but I guess it’s something we need to get used to...

Lug is already selling holiday prints for Christmas. Hmmmm...Christmas in July is right around the corner.

Honored Contributor

No, I don’t match my masks to my outfits, and it doesn’t bother me if people do. I’m just happy they’re wearing one to slow the spread of the disease and to protect themselves & others.

I own a few cloth masks in prints and solids that I hand wash after wearing. We have disposable ones that we mainly use for going to the doctor. I keep an extra disposable one in my car. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@pprmntstx 

I made a bunch of crocheted masks ... in colors to match my outfits.  Two of them with metallic yarns that look really jazzy.  Wore the red one yesterday!  People "looked" but no one said a word!   

Somewhere around here are some pics of the masks I made. 

------------------------

ETA:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/A-Mask-for-Every-Day-of-the-Week/td-p/6265195/page/2

@ALRATIBA Would crochet not be too loose?  (Unless you can get a coffee filter in them).

@ECBG   Yes, they would be too loose, for the tiny, microscopic virus would sail right through.   A mask should be made of at least 3 layers of a densely woven, high thread-count cotton.  Even tee shirt fabric is not dense enough.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment