Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Roni18 @lulu2@1Professor Heart Heart Heart many thanks for your reviews. Really appreciate it. I'm updating my wish list for sizing & removing the metallic topper - sounds like it's not worth the eventual clearance price.

I too find some MW toppers to run large - the button down shirts, the boxy cuts and fuller fits I size down. But with butterfly tops and tanks I stay with my usual H size.

I wonder about quality when a line expands so quickly as did MW during these past few mths. 

You ladies are gems. Sadly I'm finding this forum 'culture' of gossip, trolling & bashing females -hosts, vendors,  heck just about any female - unrelatable. I enjoy our exchanges! 

Look forward to the next online shopping event which I think for me is IMAN on May 13th, the TS wrap dress. We need to find a sneak peek photo. IMAN wore it this past Sat during the TS handbag shows. I'm going to review my dress collection for purging, might make room for the new one! 

Then...May 24th Arrrrrggggh Matey!  Pirates of the Caribbean event. They will start posting items May 17. Get yr booty!

20170502_193753.jpg

@Chi-town girl  Don't let those people get you down.  I enjoy seeing the pictures you post and you keeping us updated!  

I wonder what they will come up with for the Pirates collaboration.  Someone in the jewelry forum commented that there was going to be lots of items from King Baby; like the ring(?) pictured above.  Not my style, but others may like it. 

By the way, I still got stuck with those Beauty and the Beast pants.  I had them all boxed up to mail back but with things crazy at work I never got them to the post office within the 30 day time limit.   Once the school year ends, I really need to look and see if I can find a local tailor to hem up some of my pants.

My mom and grandmother were both wonderful at sewing but unfortunately I did not inherit that skill!

Respected Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@lulu2: I used to sew. A LOT. Suits, jackets, dresses. I notice, therefore, poor work. This was an expensive jacket for the poor construction. 

I do not understand how OFF their sizes are. How hard can it be to use the same dimensions other designers are using? When sizing is consistently off (reviews seem to suggest) they get a lot of returns, unnecessarily.

{sigh}

I think Marla likes the huge oversized look but I don't think it is that flattering. 

I am finding big differences in the sizing from the various designers on the shopping networks.  Almost nothing I've bought clothing wise from the Q fits me.  Most of it is way too big.   I do better on HSN which is why I buy more clothes from them but still have some of the same problems.  I am finding I need an XL or sometimes even a 1X in some lines but can wear a Medium in others.  That is just too big of a sizing gap

Honored Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Roni18 @lulu2@1Professor Heart Heart Heart many thanks for your reviews. Really appreciate it. I'm updating my wish list for sizing & removing the metallic topper - sounds like it's not worth the eventual clearance price.

I too find some MW toppers to run large - the button down shirts, the boxy cuts and fuller fits I size down. But with butterfly tops and tanks I stay with my usual H size.

I wonder about quality when a line expands so quickly as did MW during these past few mths. 

You ladies are gems. Sadly I'm finding this forum 'culture' of gossip, trolling & bashing females -hosts, vendors,  heck just about any female - unrelatable. I enjoy our exchanges! 

Look forward to the next online shopping event which I think for me is IMAN on May 13th, the TS wrap dress. We need to find a sneak peek photo. IMAN wore it this past Sat during the TS handbag shows. I'm going to review my dress collection for purging, might make room for the new one! 

Then...May 24th Arrrrrggggh Matey!  Pirates of the Caribbean event. They will start posting items May 17. Get yr booty!

@Chi-town girl  You are such an exuberant and helpful person here on the forums. I say let people complain because they have a right to and there may be value to opinions both negative and positive. Sometimes it's hard to see what all the griping is about, but maybe in their shoes it's led to a different perspective. It's not all ripping  people to shreds. I would hate to see you so exasperated by what you don't like about what's going on here sometimes, that you could no longer talk about what it is you do . You're one of those with great energy and a devoted investment in sharing. There are others sharing who can't tolerate a dissenting opinion and NO ONE wants to rub elbows with them as the energy is so dreadful.  

Thanks for helping me on occasion. I have enjoyed and appreciated it! Woman Happy 

@skuggles - thank you for your kind comments. I've enjoyed posting with you and many others. Sharing, giving & taking. I think there is great value here.

But I've noticed a culture shift to more & more negativity, whining, and an intent by some to interfere in others' exchanges. Just take a look at the list of 'most hearted' posts. In fashion & beauty it seems that the bash or don't buy this or don't watch that or I hate this vendor is dominate. That reflects the culture and it draws more of the same.

While some of that is 'just expressing' an opinion. In many cases, particularly on the threads I start involving 'contoversial' vendor, style etc, some of the regular posters will try to dominate or derail the thread from a discussion about clothes to a discussion about a realty show & something that occurred a yr ago.

That topic was beaten to death. Why does every new discussion about that vendor have to be subjected to the same posters posting the same negative ******? No one is being forced to watch or buy and yes, I've seen the poster state 20 times or more over the past year that they wont shop it or don't like the vendor. What's the point???

I think the point is to harass shoppers,  interfere in their shopping experience and even discourage shopping as well as to ultimately remove the shopping option. It's disrespectful,  rude and obnoxious.

It really reveals alot about a person's character. And I have zero tolerance or interest in anyone that behaves in that manner - low life, low intelligence, lack of self respect. Unfortunately there's alot of that going on here.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl

I totally get what you are saying and have reduced my time here because there are days when it just isn't any fun due to redundant complaints. I often wonder where that energy would go if the Q decided to close these forums. 

At any rate, I agree with @skuggles that you bring a positive energy to this place and are one of the posters I enjoy talking to. I recall very clearly that you weighed in positively on Marla W's flatterfit pants when others were giving them a thorough trashing. I steered clear of them due to those reviews. But your alternative perspective got me to try them. And now I have several pairs.  So don't give up.  You are a positive force on these boards! Heart

Honored Contributor

Marla has shows this weekend.  New items posted including this top + cropped pants

MarlaWynne Asymmetric Cropped Sweater
539-978
MarlaWynne Asymmetric Cropped Sweater

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

18402113_1352080874861751_3511285124109349553_o.jpg

Honored Contributor

18278914_1347699955299843_5499150232896059618_o.jpg

Honored Contributor

18403206_1353135831422922_9201581803573850412_n.png.jpg

Honored Contributor

HSN just posted on the website banner a code for 25% off a single purchase. But I can't find the exclusions/requirements

Respected Contributor

They have a few new items up for Marla now.  Also, for today only there are some items on an extra 25% off.  This is on the top of the home page and says 25% off Slinky and other brands or something similar.  I know they had the butterfly shirts, the dress from Feb./March with the piping, and a few other items. 

If both Marla and Iman are on this weekend, I don't even need to look!  If I watch I will buy something!  If I even look at the website I will probably buy something.