Respected Contributor

Your thoughts on NYDJ Jeans?

I just received the NYDJ Barbara boot cut jeans today and they are really nice. I’ve said here before that I know I’m in the minority as I like my jeans to be a heavier jean material. I’m not crazy about spandex and “stretchy” jeans. I’m not knocking anyone that does. It’s personal preference. 

My favorite jeans are American Eagle. These NYDJ jeans do have some stretch in them, but the fit is wonderful. I will wear them and see how they do. I hope they don’t stretch out and end up baggy by the end of the day. That’s my biggest complaint with having spandex in jeans. 

Do any of you gals own any NYDJ jeans? If so, what are your thoughts and which ones do you have? Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Your thoughts on NYDJ Jeans?

I tried on and purchased my first pair last summer....I loved them.  I did have to go down a size and I like the fact they don't have much stretch.  Got my pair at Dillards, on sale.  Not sure I can pay 100.00+  for a pair of jeans, but I would like to have a black pair.

I have a terrible time finding pants to fit and I was deperate for a pair of jeans...just had to have'em cause the fit in the waist which rarely happens.

I think mine were named   boy friend.......

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I just received the NYDJ Barbara boot cut jeans today and they are really nice. I’ve said here before that I know I’m in the minority as I like my jeans to be a heavier jean material. I’m not crazy about spandex and “stretchy” jeans. I’m not knocking anyone that does. It’s personal preference. 

My favorite jeans are American Eagle. These NYDJ jeans do have some stretch in them, but the fit is wonderful. I will wear them and see how they do. I hope they don’t stretch out and end up baggy by the end of the day. That’s my biggest complaint with having spandex in jeans. 

Do any of you gals own any NYDJ jeans? If so, what are your thoughts and which ones do you have? Thanks! 

@wvumountiefan, yes, NYDJ jeans might be a bit less sturdy than what you're used to. As for stretching out, I think that's the reason that they recommend going down a size. If yours do tend to stretch, the only suggestion I have is to wash them fairly often. They state not to put them in the dryer, but I do for a few minutes and then hang to dry.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

wrote:

I tried on and purchased my first pair last summer....I loved them.  I did have to go down a size and I like the fact they don't have much stretch.  Got my pair at Dillards, on sale.  Not sure I can pay 100.00+  for a pair of jeans, but I would like to have a black pair.

I have a terrible time finding pants to fit and I was deperate for a pair of jeans...just had to have'em cause the fit in the waist which rarely happens.

I think mine were named   boy friend.......

@Mom2Dogs, keep in mind that if you sign up for e-mails NYDJ, you will receive promo announcements that are quite good.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I just ordered a pair of Barbara bootcut from Saks Off 5th. Dark wash, I think it's called Marseille? I saw them on QVC Saturday morning and got a hankering for a pair, unfortunately.

A few years back I ordered some from GMA steals and deals and returned them. At the time I thought they were too tight in the stomach area. But I'm trying again. They do advise sizing down one size. I am a 10 or a 12 in jeans, ordered a 10. They do stretch out.

Nordstrom Rack has good prices on them. You just have to keep checking Google or looking in stores.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

I wore them when I worked for Dillards the first year after I taught.  I was amazed that different styles fit as if they were a different size!

Really premium denim and beautiful colors. I wore them as dress jeans, not to roll all over the floor with the dog. I would never dry them to keep from affecting the spandex.  NYDJ also makes clothing!

Super Contributor

I really like them and have a few of their blouses/shirts. I usually shop for a deal on them and do not pay full price. Nordstroms, Macys, NYDJ site, 6 pm. I did get 2 pair from 2 years  ago from GMA deals @ 50.00.They fit me really well( sized 1 size down) and I like that they are longer in length as I usually wear a heal of some sort. They hold up well also. Nord. Rack  website has many of the NYDJ clothing at reduced prices all the time .

Honored Contributor

I found the pair I just got here to be very comfortable but prefer a lower rise since I have a very short torso but at least not the way high rise most jeans sold here have.  These are more of a dressier jean for me.

What I don't get is if they are saying to size down why not just put the correct size on the jeans so they will be true to size?  Seems kind of silly to me! It used to be that you were pretty much the same size in all brands but now so many are larger so you have to size down but then others are sized differently.

Valued Contributor

Marilyn straight leg is my go-to jean.  

Trusted Contributor

I have worn NYDJ jeans for years,in particular the Ami and Alina styles.  They were always my “ go-to” jeans.  However,recently the jeans have had too much stretch for me. Ever since they’ve changed to their new fabric blend, I found them bagging at the knees and rear.  Now— that might be my own personal issue because I have thin legs/thighs and wear a size 4. This is not meant to discourage anyone, just my own personal experience with them. For those who ordered them, enjoy.