Esteemed Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@sunshine45 @Roni18 @lulu2 @emmysmom:

I caved and bought this one, in silver/pewter. Loved the way SHE wore it for the whole show. I'm imagining, however, how fabulous this would look with slim-fit denims and kitten heels!

@1Professor

My waitlisted pewter and black toppers were sent yesterday.

I do not own any denim but have every cut, length and fabric black pants.  I loved the pewter with the black skinny pants and white shirt.

I want several of her white shirts..amazed that she's already shipped out the toppers!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

mw.jpg

I received my toppers today.  I ordered black & pewter but received the color pictured and pewter. (and it was the black one I really wanted)
The topper runs large.  The material is too shiny for my taste.  The quality (IMO) does not reflect the price.  If you can pick it up sale, it will be a good deal.
Mine are packed up and waiting for tomorrow's mail.
Respected Contributor

@lulu2 So sorry that the topper did not work for you.   I did not look at the sizing on this one but I have had to go down in size for other toppers I ordered from her.  She makes them very over-sized. 

I would say it is weird that they sent you the wrong color because usually I haven't had any problems with them, but recently they sent me the totally wrong outfit from Iman's line!

Respected Contributor

original.jpeg

@Roni18 @lulu2 @Chi-town girl & all:

My silver metallic jacket/coat arrived yesterday and has been returned. First, reviewers were right, they run large. However, the deal-breaker for me was poor construction.

With no lining and the front placket not even tacked down, movement caused the inner placket to fold out. The seams were rough and unattractive.

Sigh.

Honored Contributor

Re: Marla Wynne - April

[ Edited ]

@1Professor wrote:

original.jpeg

@Roni18 @lulu2 @Chi-town girl & all:

My silver metallic jacket/coat arrived yesterday and has been returned. First, reviewers were right, they run large. However, the deal-breaker for me was poor construction.

With no lining and the front placket not even tacked down, movement caused the inner placket to fold out. The seams were rough and unattractive.

Sigh.

@1Professor

I agree about the poor construction.  I didn't mention it because I've been accused of being a snob.

When MW first vame to HSN, her garments were well made.  I find myself returning close to 50% of my purchases due to poor quality or construction. Those I've kept haven't been all that great.

Awhile back I swore I would not buy from this line again.  For awhile I didn't but for some reason went back.

This time I'm really finished.

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 @lulu2@1Professor Heart Heart Heart many thanks for your reviews. Really appreciate it. I'm updating my wish list for sizing & removing the metallic topper - sounds like it's not worth the eventual clearance price.

I too find some MW toppers to run large - the button down shirts, the boxy cuts and fuller fits I size down. But with butterfly tops and tanks I stay with my usual H size.

I wonder about quality when a line expands so quickly as did MW during these past few mths. 

You ladies are gems. Sadly I'm finding this forum 'culture' of gossip, trolling & bashing females -hosts, vendors,  heck just about any female - unrelatable. I enjoy our exchanges! 

Look forward to the next online shopping event which I think for me is IMAN on May 13th, the TS wrap dress. We need to find a sneak peek photo. IMAN wore it this past Sat during the TS handbag shows. I'm going to review my dress collection for purging, might make room for the new one! 

Then...May 24th Arrrrrggggh Matey!  Pirates of the Caribbean event. They will start posting items May 17. Get yr booty!

20170502_193753.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Roni18 @lulu2@1Professor Heart Heart Heart many thanks for your reviews. Really appreciate it. I'm updating my wish list for sizing & removing the metallic topper - sounds like it's not worth the eventual clearance price.

I too find some MW toppers to run large - the button down shirts, the boxy cuts and fuller fits I size down. But with butterfly tops and tanks I stay with my usual H size.

I wonder about quality when a line expands so quickly as did MW during these past few mths. 

You ladies are gems. Sadly I'm finding this forum 'culture' of gossip, trolling & bashing females -hosts, vendors,  heck just about any female - unrelatable. I enjoy our exchanges! 

Look forward to the next online shopping event which I think for me is IMAN on May 13th, the TS wrap dress. We need to find a sneak peek photo. IMAN wore it this past Sat during the TS handbag shows. I'm going to review my dress collection for purging, might make room for the new one! 

Then...May 24th Arrrrrggggh Matey!  Pirates of the Caribbean event. They will start posting items May 17. Get yr booty!

@Chi-town girl  You are such an exuberant and helpful person here on the forums. I say let people complain because they have a right to and there may be value to opinions both negative and positive. Sometimes it's hard to see what all the griping is about, but maybe in their shoes it's led to a different perspective. It's not all ripping  people to shreds. I would hate to see you so exasperated by what you don't like about what's going on here sometimes, that you could no longer talk about what it is you do . You're one of those with great energy and a devoted investment in sharing. There are others sharing who can't tolerate a dissenting opinion and NO ONE wants to rub elbows with them as the energy is so dreadful.  

Thanks for helping me on occasion. I have enjoyed and appreciated it! Woman Happy 

Respected Contributor

@lulu2: I used to sew. A LOT. Suits, jackets, dresses. I notice, therefore, poor work. This was an expensive jacket for the poor construction. 

I do not understand how OFF their sizes are. How hard can it be to use the same dimensions other designers are using? When sizing is consistently off (reviews seem to suggest) they get a lot of returns, unnecessarily.

{sigh}

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl

This had been my first MW purchase. So, since I'm a researcher, I checked out her background. I also used to be a fanatic seamstress, including jackets, suits, elborate garments.

I'm not sure I buy into the STORY they are promoting about this high-powered business woman who lost her job and then (having never sewn) bought a sewing machine and took it to the garage, thinking how-hard-can-this-be to start a line of clothing. Of course, they barely mention the fact that the line was bought out, went bankrupt, then she bought it back . . . Doesn't make sense.

Oh, well, I learned. 

Respected Contributor

I am just loving some of my items from Marla, the recent Cigarette pants, the Butterfly tops, the flatterfit pants and others.  They are super comfortable.  However, a few of the items I have gotten have not been quiet up to par.  Maybe she has just been expanding too fast.   She has been on at least once a month lately I know.