Respected Contributor

@Magny @Chi-town girl @emmysmom and everybody- I had 3 bags and 3 boxes show up from HSN today, mostly from the clearance sale.  I think UPS probably thinks I am crazy! 

Most of what I ordered was from Marla.  My least favorite thing was probably the $12.95 duster.  I was expecting the material to be like the other dusters I have from Marla.  I was not that crazy about this one because there are some places on the sleeves where the material is already pulling away (like fuzz.)  It does some to be smaller across the bustline than the other ones I have.  I will probably end up keeping it since it was so cheap but I'm not that crazy about it.  

Everything else was good.  Got the asymmetrical feather top and it is comfy and soft like the butterfly shirts. The black burnout top is good but I could probably have gone down a size in it.  Both of the dusters are good fits (the sheer one I got in medium and the other in large.)  My favorite thing is probably the Kimono in withered rose.  Such a pretty color.  I ordered it a medium this time and really think I could have gotten by with a small.  I got a large one on clearance last year that is out in my car.  I will get it out later and compare the two because this year's feels lighter weight to me. I also got a scarf from Marla that is in the neutral beige/brown/terrocota colors.

wynnelayers-novelty-jacquard-burnout-blouse-d-20171025091638487~542825_001.jpgwynnelayers-mixed-media-duster-cardigan-d-20171025091638487~542764_H52.jpgmarlawynne-cap-sleeve-ripple-stitch-vest-d-2017092013184873~552214_108.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Good haul!  I received 542827 today,  it’s Marla's Layers burnout top in black.  Really chic over a monument - gray- layers tank from last season.  Also came in string, but I cancelled it, so it’s not$10 anymore!  Got two beautiful scarves too.  Have to return a feather print top that I think is too big, cause I bought two sizes, so will probably return duster along with it.

@Roni18 wrote:

@Magny @Chi-town girl @emmysmom and everybody- I had 3 bags and 3 boxes show up from HSN today, mostly from the clearance sale.  I think UPS probably thinks I am crazy! 

Most of what I ordered was from Marla.  My least favorite thing was probably the $12.95 duster.  I was expecting the material to be like the other dusters I have from Marla.  I was not that crazy about this one because there are some places on the sleeves where the material is already pulling away (like fuzz.)  It does some to be smaller across the bustline than the other ones I have.  I will probably end up keeping it since it was so cheap but I'm not that crazy about it.  

Everything else was good.  Got the asymmetrical feather top and it is comfy and soft like the butterfly shirts. The black burnout top is good but I could probably have gone down a size in it.  Both of the dusters are good fits (the sheer one I got in medium and the other in large.)  My favorite thing is probably the Kimono in withered rose.  Such a pretty color.  I ordered it a medium this time and really think I could have gotten by with a small.  I got a large one on clearance last year that is out in my car.  I will get it out later and compare the two because this year's feels lighter weight to me. I also got a scarf from Marla that is in the neutral beige/brown/terrocota colors.

wynnelayers-novelty-jacquard-burnout-blouse-d-20171025091638487~542825_001.jpgwynnelayers-mixed-media-duster-cardigan-d-20171025091638487~542764_H52.jpgmarlawynne-cap-sleeve-ripple-stitch-vest-d-2017092013184873~552214_108.jpg

Respected Contributor

After comparing the 2 kimonos I have, this year's is the exact same weight.  I hung them both on hangers to compare the size and last year's large is only about an inch or 2 longer than this year's medium.  The sleeves and width seem to be exactly the same!  I wish I had ordered the small instead.  All I see left in small is a green gold and I would prefer another colors.  I will keep this one but just would like to see it on me in a size smaller.  

@MagnyI started to order some things in 2 sizes too!  It is so hard to tell in Marla's tops sometimes.  The items I ordered today I got in large and medium and a couple of the medium items I probably would have been good with a small!  I like the top you got today - very cute! 

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

After comparing the 2 kimonos I have, this year's is the exact same weight.  I hung them both on hangers to compare the size and last year's large is only about an inch or 2 longer than this year's medium.  The sleeves and width seem to be exactly the same!  I wish I had ordered the small instead.  All I see left in small is a green gold and I would prefer another colors.  I will keep this one but just would like to see it on me in a size smaller.  

@MagnyI started to order some things in 2 sizes too!  It is so hard to tell in Marla's tops sometimes.  The items I ordered today I got in large and medium and a couple of the medium items I probably would have been good with a small!  I like the top you got today - very cute! 

@Roni18 -my orders arrived today via usps, will be home later to try on/review. Appreciate your details as well from @Magny

I ordered the small kimono & believe xs will also work for me.  It's generously sized.  I think quality is superb!  Maybe more returns to post...I'm still stalking for black

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Will miss the 'live' jewelry shows, but DVR to record Marla's show.  Several new vendors including Marla's line being highlighted. I'm not shopping jewelry today but tagging a bunch Woman Wink

DG30677_011918_ComplexGrid_JE_FashionJewelryStudio.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

My order shipped, ETA is friday!

Chi! Please post ASAP!!!!!!..will receive my sweatercoat and flatterfit pants, in the toffee tomorrow!!!!! Can't wait..also ordered the shell pink/black trim top today..already have the white/black trim..it was $10!!!!! Alot of her jewelry sold out..I liked the gold ring and matching bracelet!! Will be anxious to hear about the sweatercoat!!!! xxx

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@Magny wrote:

@Roni18 wrote:

Some of my items claim they will be here tomorrow.  We are out of work tomorrow for possible snow/ice coming so I don't know if the weather will effect shipping or not.  All my items from the Frenzy/Clearance have already shipped out, even the Kimono I ordered on Saturday so they are doing really good with shipping speed this time!

My goodies should arrive tomorrow.  I’m still shopping.  Today I found a pair of Iman’s ankle ponte pants in espresso!  Hope someone hasn’t been wearing them for months!  Also got Marla’s lantern pants in blue.  Hope they work with a tapestry jacket I have, also with the feather print top in blue.  It’s snowing here, so I’m reading & shopping in bed!  

I meant to mention that Good +, the Seinfeld’s line on H, has only two items left, but there is a lightweight open kimono that is pretty & inexpensive.  I don’t have the #, but easy to find.  It’s more of a lounging piece, but could be worn outside, over leggings or jeans.  I bought the olive.

I have Marla's lamtern pants in the antique bronze..LOVE them!!!! OMG..I ordered the Good + kimomo in the olive..thinking about the pink as well! Never seen the line before!!!

-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

I did order one of Marla's necklaces, the macramae tie one that I have been looking at for awhile.  I like that you can wear it in several different ways.  I also ordered a set of those hair ties you can wear as bracelets from Deepa.  @emmysmom Let us know what you think of that GOOD kimono when you get it- looks cute!

Honored Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Chi! Please post ASAP!!!!!!..will receive my sweatercoat and flatterfit pants, in the toffee tomorrow!!!!! Can't wait..also ordered the shell pink/black trim top today..already have the white/black trim..it was $10!!!!! Alot of her jewelry sold out..I liked the gold ring and matching bracelet!! Will be anxious to hear about the sweatercoat!!!! xxx

Happy Fri-yay!!!

I rec'd the Marla dusters I ordered in the toffee and pine green Heart Heart  Heart

Love the pattern and colors, a flattering and elongated look. I recall when Marla presented them and she pointed out the deliberate design of it to not meet (closure) in the middle she wanted it to remain open, flowy, glide and provide the illusion of a slimmer look. 

I understand now what @Roni18 means about the knit/weave. It's kind of fuzzy, like a mohair sweater.  Not as fuzzy as this purple sweater, but similar.

img_1017.jpg

It's def a fall/winter item bc of the type of knit. I have a nice collection of dusters,  about a dozen. Some a lighter weight knits - Lisa Rinna TSV  & Giuliana TS -that one we bought on crazy clearance are great for spring/summer.

I like the variety Marla offers. Remember the reversible duster TS from a couple yrs ago? The jacquard duster from last yr could bridge all seasons. And now a fuzzy winter one. Love them all Heart esp when they can be acquired at the crazy clearance prices. 

Now, I have to do some purging in my armoire.  It's packed after my recent acquisitions Woman Surprised Woman Tongue Woman LOL

@emmysmom - I'm glad Marla's jewelry sales were strong!  I tagged a bunch of items in her collection and that new one from NY ( Russian or Polish designer). You have a great eye for catching values Heart hope you love your Marla duster!  xoxo

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Marla Wynne - April

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@emmysmom wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Happy Fri-yay!!!

I rec'd the Marla dusters I ordered in the toffee and pine green Heart Heart  Heart

Love the pattern and colors, a flattering and elongated look. I recall when Marla presented them and she pointed out the deliberate design of it to not meet (closure) in the middle she wanted it to remain open, flowy, glide and provide the illusion of a slimmer look. 

I understand now what @Roni18 means about the knit/weave. It's kind of fuzzy, like a mohair sweater.  Not as fuzzy as this purple sweater, but similar.

img_1017.jpg

It's def a fall/winter item bc of the type of knit. I have a nice collection of dusters,  about a dozen. Some a lighter weight knits - Lisa Rinna TSV  & Giuliana TS -that one we bought on crazy clearance are great for spring/summer.

I like the variety Marla offers. Remember the reversible duster TS from a couple yrs ago? The jacquard duster from last yr could bridge all seasons. And now a fuzzy winter one. Love them all Heart esp when they can be acquired at the crazy clearance prices. 

Now, I have to do some purging in my armoire.  It's packed after my recent acquisitions Woman Surprised Woman Tongue Woman LOL

@emmysmom - I'm glad Marla's jewelry sales were strong!  I tagged a bunch of items in her collection and that new one from NY ( Russian or Polish designer). You have a great eye for catching values Heart hope you love your Marla duster!  xoxo

Thanks so much for your great review..looking forward to seeing it! Glad everything worked!!!!!  Will our flatterfit pants match the green?? Hoping a toffee one will show up..I LOVE that color too..I waited too long!!!!!LOVE Marla!!!! Looking forward to Feb 1 clearance..lol! We've been spoiled! xxx

-- Mae West