Frequent Contributor

Can anyone give me some guidance on sizing at Madewell? I’m a 12/14 at Loft and The Limited. Typically wear a 12 in jeans. Go up to the 14 in dress pants. A large in tops. I buy L in tops at QVC and never have fit issues. I did enter my information into the fit guide on Madewell but I did not see measurements anywhere on the site. I ordered what was recommended. Just lo9ing for some reassurance I guess. We don’t have a Madewell in my area so this is my first time buying. 

Trusted Contributor

I wear an xs at qvc but a sm everywhere else including madewell.  Sizing can be tricky with their jeans because the styles vary so much. For instance I wear a 27 in some styles but need to go up or down one in other cuts( once you find style you like tho sizing very consistent)    I will say if you call customer service they are very helpful and will be able to tell you garment measurements most of the time. Good luck!  Love madewell

Super Contributor
My experience is to go up 1 size from QVC sizings. I am a small with Madewell and an XS with QVC.
Honored Contributor

I believe @Andreatoo wears some Madewell.

Honored Contributor

I think we can all agree that standardized sizing has gone up across the board be it alpha or number sizing. I don't think there's anything significantly different about Madewell compared to other brick and mortar vendors.

QVC alpha sizing is ridiculously generous! Just look at the different sizes of the host that swear they're wearing an extra extra small?!

Frequent Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I think we can all agree that standardized sizing has gone up across the board be it alpha or number sizing. I don't think there's anything significantly different about Madewell compared to other brick and mortar vendors.

QVC alpha sizing is ridiculously generous! Just look at the different sizes of the host that swear they're wearing an extra extra small?!

Thank you. I’m not hung up on the size label in the garment. I was looking for some guidance as to what size I should order because I have not ordered from Madewell previously and there is no store close to me where I could see the items first hand. I went with what their size guide suggested.  

Honored Contributor

@luvbnagirl 

I think that's wise. My point was that it runs average to most brick-and-mortar unlike some brands that can run generously like free people or brand that runs very small like Topshop

Respected Contributor

@luvbnagirlAlthough I have not made a Madewell purchase, a lot of Madewell items are offered by Nordstrom.  You can try checking the Nordstrom website, as they always have size charts for their items and also you can check the reviews to see how the clothing runs.  I'm guessing they are somehow related to J Crew but am not positive about that.

I often go to Nordstrom's website when I'm considereing a brand I've not tried before and am not sure of the sizing.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing