Honored Contributor

Just received my new Talbot's catalog. Looks like they're moving away from the very tailored, too preppy styles. 

I saw this photo of pants w/ ruffles on the hip pockets....That's a definite fashion No!

IMG_4837.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

Shanus: I'm my own Fashionista Maven. I'm always out of fashion.Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

I think the ruffles are cute! Since they're small they don't add too much fullness to the hips. I imagine these pants would look best on a slender woman though.

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

Shanus: I'm my own Fashionista Maven. I'm always out of fashion.Woman LOL

@kivah  Most women don't need extra width or drawing attention w/ ruffles to the hip area. 

Honored Contributor

The ruffles on the hips will make anyone's hips look bigger.... won't be doing the ruffled hips.

But I also see emboidered do-dads on the shirt... thought we were sooo over that.  Well, not me, I love it ......

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Shanus,  They look like men's pants from the 60's even with the ruffles -- no, thanks.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1. I agree. I don't like side pockets like that with or without ruffles. 

Honored Contributor

They may be trying to move away, but those pants are still designed for the same figure that looked good in what they were already selling.

As much as I could see that the fabric Talbot's used was good and that most of their workmanship was good, over all the years I've had to shop for clothes, there aren't a whole lot of popular chains where I've spent less than what I've spent at Talbots.

They used to have a huge presence in the mall 2 minutes from my Florida condo.  They had left for months before I even realized they were gone.  Like those little hip ruffles (which will be cute on the right body), not much in their inventory works for my body type.

Regular Contributor

Still looks conservative and preppy to me, they just put a bit of ruffle on the pockets.  

Esteemed Contributor

Ruffled hip pockets...who designs these things? They would only suit a very slim woman with no hips to speak of or a pre-teen girl.