Valued Contributor

It wasn't so long ago that i was a size 6 (only about 15 yrs! haha) and i could have enjoyed wearing something new like those trousers!  Yes, there is a new twist (ruffle) on the pockets, but overall i love the way it is taylored.  Also, if i found a pair that fit me well, i tend to go with solid color tops.

Now, uh uh, just no.  And likely never again.  For one thing, i doubt they even come in my size.  But never say never.  Hope springs eternal.  Smiley Very Happy

My opinion, I'm more for it than against it!  Cheers! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

Ruffled hip pockets...who designs these things? They would only suit a very slim woman with no hips to speak of or a pre-teen girl.

A don't, right?

Regular Contributor

Re: MAJOR FASHION DON'T

[ Edited ]

@TY wrote:

Ruffled hip pockets...who designs these things? They would only suit a very slim woman with no hips to speak of or a pre-teen girl.

Either that or a self confident  woman who really likes them and knows that a little ruffle trim on a pocket isn't going to maker her look any bigger than she is.....but even if it did, she wouldn't care.  

Trusted Contributor

What next, a cold hip?

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

They may be trying to move away, but those pants are still designed for the same figure that looked good in what they were already selling.

As much as I could see that the fabric Talbot's used was good and that most of their workmanship was good, over all the years I've had to shop for clothes, there aren't a whole lot of popular chains where I've spent less than what I've spent at Talbots.

They used to have a huge presence in the mall 2 minutes from my Florida condo.  They had left for months before I even realized they were gone.  Like those little hip ruffles (which will be cute on the right body), not much in their inventory works for my body type.

My Talbot's has a sign up Closed For Remodeling and underneath something when it re-opens, Talbot's will have a new look. If this is an example, no thank you.

Honored Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

What next, a cold hip?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Honored Contributor

So if you have rolls of chub (like I do) it sets it out even more.

You almost have to wear a shirt in or it's stupid.  Anyway, I won't be wearing one of those....Denim & Co or not.

Regular Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

What next, a cold hip?

Shhhhhh   Don't say that too loud!  The fashion world might hear you.

Honored Contributor

If it's trending, look to ALL the designers bringing them to the Q in every size.... and like Logo, they'll all be copying it and telling us that it looks good on everyone....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

If it's trending, look to ALL the designers bringing them to the Q in every size.... and like Logo, they'll all be copying it and telling us that it looks good on everyone....  

Oh, how true. It'll be an epidemic of ruffled hip pockets!!! OMG!