Honored Contributor

Re: Lori, who in their right mind.....

@Q4u wrote:

I really don't like to dress in layers.  I don't enjoy sleeveless items (and in the summer I have to cover the skin on my arms so I'm selective).  I also don't care for anything spandex-y that clings to me even if it does ease down past the bust to a flowy bottom..... B U T  there are several of Lori's styles that I have purchased and think are feminine and pretty and I wear those either by themselves or over a regular styled shell.  

How you wear her designs are totally up to you....  ~!   Woman LOL

You seem like you have some of her things and you wear them as I do.  I think she ought to listen to some of the comments here, and realize that she'd have more buyers if not for the multi layering look that seems to get pushed all too often. 

I do do layer some clothing items, but like my bottom layer to be something like a tank or cami, that gives a slight layer of extra coverage, especially if the top is low cut.  I don't care for extra layers in the thigh area.   This just makes most women look bigger in that area. 

Honored Contributor

I was very amused this morning when Jane was going through the colors on a Logo tank.  When she got to the white, it was obviously paper thin and you could see right through it.  Jane quickly said, "you could wear a tank under it."   Huh?  Wear a tank under your tank?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

"Anything goes with everything" ugh

Honored Contributor

Maybe it's time to bring in a new designer, who makes fashions that don't have to be layered!  Really...make it easier to just get dressed quickly in the morning!

Honored Contributor

I guess a lot of us have complained about this line of clothing for quite some time. The only way anything will change is if sales go down and there are too many returns. Hopefully, the vendor will listen to some of the complaints but somehow, I highly doubt it. She actually thinks her way of dressing is somehow "creative."

New Contributor

I have been having the same thoughts about the clothing style. I don't like ruffles and frills and the layers, and the oddly positioned seams and droopey pockets. It seems like too much going on at once. Too busy and the style is reminiscent of granny wear with the lace frills peeking out at the bottom reminds me of when granny's slip hangs down below the hem of her dress. Maybe for those who want to "hide" their shape, but I think all these "extras" tacked on add more visual "weight" with the layers. When LOGO comes on I briefly watch to see what designs are being featured, but I  often find myself shaking my head in wonderment about the lack of styling editing and end up turning the channel to HSN or Evine. I like casual and athleisure wear but not eccentric, old lady wear. 

There are some who like the style and to this I say (as the old saying goes): "To each her own".

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I guess a lot of us have complained about this line of clothing for quite some time. The only way anything will change is if sales go down and there are too many returns. Hopefully, the vendor will listen to some of the complaints but somehow, I highly doubt it. She actually thinks her way of dressing is somehow "creative."

@Trinity11  You'll have to wait a while then. So far the opposite is happening. Smiley Happy  QVC keeps giving her more air time (she has a two-hour show instead of her one-hour show on Saturday, Fashion Day).   I think she is QVC's "it" girl so people are buying and QVC is making a lot of money from her clothes.   A whole lot of people love her clothing. 

Esteemed Contributor

The individual pieces are fine. The problem is Lori styles them like they need to be looking for their cubby and getting ready for story time. Just use your own eye, ignore the designer.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

The individual pieces are fine. The problem is Lori styles them like they need to be looking for their cubby and getting ready for story time. Just use your own eye, ignore the designer.

I think lots of us have said that, including some who have some of her fashions.  Why not just show each piece on its own.....

I know, some are too thin to not be layered.  But the ones I've purchased, and kept...I don't need to layer them.

Honored Contributor

Why wear one @$60, when you can wear 3 and then you've spent $180??!! It's great for business!!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~