Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Goldstein now at Macy's!

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

@1Professor 

I agree that Lori's attorneys are at major fault.

Given the change in circumstances,  they could have approached Xcel and QVC and determined what is acceptable in terms of number of appearances, when and how and renegotiated terms.

Litigation could have been avoided. 

But Xcel sounds like it's willing to accept a replacement spokesperson,  so Lori is now ready to go!

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes   It seems Lori needed Isaac's lawyers.

Isaac is no longer an employee of Xcel.  He bought back major shares and is now a shareholder of Xcel instead of being an employee, like Lori.  

Respected Contributor

@1Professor 

Given the change in circumstances,  they could have approached Xcel and QVC and determined what is acceptable in terms of number of appearances, when and how and renegotiated terms.

But Xcel sounds like it's willing to accept a replacement spokesperson,  so Lori is now ready to go!

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes 

In the World of Contract Litigation,

we are adept at anticipating changes. Then changes to the changes.

With this messy LOGO litigation,

I expect that Lori must also be rethinking Palm Springs.

[As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm a Californian. Few want to live in Palm Springs. Not artsy, not fun, so far from everything that for someone in California to visit, it is just a LONG long drive. Lori's mother is long-time MidWest, as was my mother. Different cultures, different people, different Values. Lori turns 68 in August,  her mother much older obviously. Part of a healthy coping with aging involves adjusting to medical issues and wanting to be with life-long friends. I hated being asked to speak at a Palm Springs conference.]

Lori would probably love to continue in the Fashion World.

Wealthy people move all the time.

Wonder how happy her mother is.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@1Professor 

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes 

In the World of Contract Litigation,

we are adept at anticipating changes. Then changes to the changes.

With this messy LOGO litigation,

I expect that Lori must also be rethinking Palm Springs.

[As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm a Californian. Few want to live in Palm Springs. Not artsy, not fun, so far from everything that for someone in California to visit, it is just a LONG long drive. Lori's mother is long-time MidWest, as was my mother. Different cultures, different people, different Values. Lori turns 68 in August,  her mother much older obviously. Part of a healthy coping with aging involves adjusting to medical issues and wanting to be with life-long friends. I hated being asked to speak at a Palm Springs conference.]

Lori would probably love to continue in the Fashion World.

Wealthy people move all the time.

Wonder how happy her mother is.

Reading the entire notice, I don't think it sounds like they want a replacement spokesperson at all.  It sounded like a legalese threat to me.  Yes, qualified spokepeople are out there, but Xcel also goes on about how that could also dilute their equity.  It would be a different agreement from what they signed with accomplished Lori Goldstein herself as the constant face of the brand.  

Contributor

It looks better than what the q offers. The ones the q offers looks like a bag lady..
Valued Contributor

I wonder how Allison, Lori's niece fits into this scenario.  I thought she was brought on to be a new brand ambassador.  And, then, what about George Brescia.  I guess we'll never know, but it is interesting.

Respected Contributor

@1Professor @I hadn't heard she was branching out to Macy's, but maybe that is good.   More choices for us.

Respected Contributor

Fortunately (or unfortunately for my bank account), I am still finding plenty of LOGO items to buy.  I purchased the sage jeans yesterday and the t-shirt 2 pack in cashew and black.  I probably would have purchased more items, but I've been on a bit of a clothes buying splurge lately and was trying to stop myself!

Super Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

I checked Macy's--one of my favorite "go to"places to shop--those were the only 2 items, $31.50 and $42.50, respectively.

@kaydee50    It just seemed utterly out-of-the-blue.

Of course once Lori's appearances went from predictable to scattered, something was in the works . . .

Great minds think alike.  I felt the same way as soon as I saw her out of her regular rotation and with other hosts, not just Amyl

Valued Contributor

Lori Goldstein at GOODWILL too ....lol
Respected Contributor

I doubt very, very much that Lori was involved in any way with the 2 items appearing at Macy's. 

To me, this is her boss/employer engaging tentatively with the licensing of the "Lori Goldstein" name as a new brand.

Xcel Brands purchased exclusive use of the name in its lucrative acquisition of Lori's business and can license permutations of it with various retailers. 

I do believe,  however, that she remains involved as Chief Creative Designer with the LOGO brand at QVC.