Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson vs Pamela McCoy

@cerb wrote:

Don't forget that LR was the victim of multiple stalkers during her tenure at QVC.  That might have had something to do with her leaving.

I used to believe that until I saw her Facebook page and some of the comments from men....creepy.

...she must enjoy the attention because they don't get deleted...

Honored Contributor

There were things about Pam and Wes I did enjoy watching before they were released.  I did think he was truly not necessary toward the end but I enjoyed them.   Pam took some time from Shop but came back to sale her line again off and on.  Not much out there about Wes though.  I loved the fact that Pam said she really looked forward to Friday nights after work since her one indulgence all week was her Friday night Pizza dinner.  You go girl!!  As far as LR I would much prefer being my own boss and starting my own business from scratch like she has since leaving on her own accord from the Q.  I am sure many well know vendors all started without big corporate offices and staff ect.............

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

lovinglife wrote:

Shopnbc became shophq and is now evine.  Pamela McCoy has collections available there.  I believe I’ve Seen Marc Bouwer products on evine also.

@lovinglife, Thank you for clarifying for @newname0 that Evine is the latest name for for the company that was originally doing business as Value Vision, then ShopNBC.  Yes, Marc Bouwer is selling on Evine. I believe this is his third year with them.  As you know he formerly had a collection on QVC.  Jewelry designer Dominic Dinouart, who does some marvelous silver jewelry, was on QVC around the same time as Bouwer and she is now on Evine.  The list is long of hosts, designers, vendor reps, and brands which have made the rounds on the shopping channel. That is the lay of the land in that business.  

Other than that I have nothing else to add to this discussion. Same as a few others I don't get the point, but it's a slow morning so I clicked into it. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why is this even an issue, Lisa left years ago and I have no idea who the other person is.  Just trying to wind up the masses perhaps?

Honored Contributor

Evine is the new name for Shop NBC.  Lisa did a good job with what she had to work with, Bronzo, resin filled, sub-quality GILI products, etc. Evine never ventured into that stuff from what I noticed. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ajsidney12 wrote:

Why is this even an issue, Lisa left years ago and I have no idea who the other person is.  Just trying to wind up the masses perhaps?

I was comparing the two styles of handling the same situation and saying that I admired Pamela McCoy's solution better than Lisa's.  Not trying to stir up anything.

Trusted Contributor

@newlook456 wrote:

@ajsidney12 wrote:

I was comparing the two styles of handling the same situation and saying that I admired Pamela McCoy's solution better than Lisa's.  Not trying to stir up anything.

You mean the part about where no one knew, or heard where Pam was for months after, and not even a clue to be had on her FB page where everyone posted their sincere concerns?

Respected Contributor

Do you really think QVC would have let her stay on the channel after giving notice if they were letting her go.  If they fired her, she would have been gone immedately.  She stayed on through the Christmas Holidays and did her Posh Show. I am sure after 20+ years at QVC she wanted to do something entrepreneurial.  She probably was fully vested for retirement etc.  I wish her good fortune in her new endeavor.  I always enjoyed her on QVC.  She was great at her job.  She knew how to create excitement about the products she presented.  

Respected Contributor

I got say the title of this thread made me think....WHAT? Is there gonna be a wrestling matching between the 2 women LOL!  

Am I the only one that notices that huge pear shape diamond ring Pam M. wears?? OMGoodness it is so huge and gorgeous....I only watch most of the time to get a glimpse of it!

Respected Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

There is a big difference.  Lisa was no longer happy not just at QVC but in being a home shopping channel show host.  S0 why would she just want to,move to another home shopping channel?  SHe did not want to do that particular job anymore.

She is literally a home shopping host currently.  She sells goods from her own home.  

I would say she misses being a home shopping host.