Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson vs Pamela McCoy

@JobGirl wrote:

@silver fox wrote:

@JobGirl wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

There is a big difference.  Lisa was no longer happy not just at QVC but in being a home shopping channel show host.  S0 why would she just want to,move to another home shopping channel?  SHe did not want to do that particular job anymore.

seems to me she IS a home shopping host it's just from her home now cheaper sets and less merchandise from what I see posted here -

she just went from QVC to her house

she's a downsized amateur version of what she once was so it seems

Arrrrrrr - but now she's her own boss and that IS in it's self a big, big difference !!!

Thats great

all in all she's still a downsized self empoyed shopping host reaching fewer people with far less visibility -

great that she's living out  some fantasy of being a celebrity with a following

but any You Tube sensation can say that too

Its certainly not a step UP and I highly doubt where she expected to be

All her fans were SURE she'd have her own show on network Tv and be a household name by now

@JobGirl

Oh please, what a load of kwap  ...... she gave notice and then stayed until the date she said she'd leave.  She wasn't downsized.   

Since you think something isn't  "a step UP"  then it must be a mis-step?   LOL!!    Not everything is vertical, as in steps up or steps down.   Sometimes it's just  "a different approach"  .....  so what?

And just HOW is it that you are absolutely sure you know what "all her fans" were thinking?  Are you psychic?

Honestly, I don't know how people come up with this crazy stuff.   SMH    

Honored Contributor

@newname0I don't remember any big splash when Lisa left.  What have I forgotten?

Over the time since, I wouldn't have the slightest idea what she's doing if it weren't for the poster who keeps bringing her up.

That's pretty much the same for any of the shopping channel hosts.  I haven't followed a single one (including Lisa) to any other venue.  I prefer some hosts to others, but overall the only thing I care about is product.

Honored Contributor

I said earlier on in this thread that I didn't particularly care for either of the hosts this thread is about. I thought LR was funny at times, but I didn't watch very often, the same with PM, didn't watch often. I don't, for the life of me, understand the obsession some have about any of the hosts. And, no, I am not jealous, lol. (that is just a silly thing to think about unknown posters on a discussion board).
"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
I said earlier on in this thread that I didn't particularly care for either of the hosts this thread is about. I thought LR was funny at times, but I didn't watch very often, the same with PM, didn't watch often. I don't, for the life of me, understand the obsession some have about any of the hosts. And, no, I am not jealous, lol. (that is just a silly thing to think about unknown posters on a discussion board).

Not necessarily directed towards your post alone, but I think it's funny how some people go right to the word "obsession" when the topic of hosts come up.

Some topics inspire me to post maybe more than I normally do. Does it mean I am obsessed? No. It just means I have more to say than usual and that's because I find the topic and discussion interesting and/or compelling.

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@newname0I don't remember any big splash when Lisa left.  What have I forgotten?

Over the time since, I wouldn't have the slightest idea what she's doing if it weren't for the poster who keeps bringing her up.

That's pretty much the same for any of the shopping channel hosts.  I haven't followed a single one (including Lisa) to any other venue.  I prefer some hosts to others, but overall the only thing I care about is product.

@millieshops  Dito !!!!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

You do not remember the final show in formal wear and so many vendors who came to the party with wine glasses and such.  The beautiful long formal gown Lisa wore and her goodbye to us at the end.  Never saw any other type of send off from the Q. to a host.  It was lovely.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@JobGirl wrote:

@silver fox wrote:

@JobGirl wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

There is a big difference.  Lisa was no longer happy not just at QVC but in being a home shopping channel show host.  S0 why would she just want to,move to another home shopping channel?  SHe did not want to do that particular job anymore.

seems to me she IS a home shopping host it's just from her home now cheaper sets and less merchandise from what I see posted here -

she just went from QVC to her house

she's a downsized amateur version of what she once was so it seems

Arrrrrrr - but now she's her own boss and that IS in it's self a big, big difference !!!

Thats great

all in all she's still a downsized self empoyed shopping host reaching fewer people with far less visibility -

great that she's living out  some fantasy of being a celebrity with a following

but any You Tube sensation can say that too

Its certainly not a step UP and I highly doubt where she expected to be

All her fans were SURE she'd have her own show on network Tv and be a household name by now

@JobGirl

Oh please, what a load of kwap  ...... she gave notice and then stayed until the date she said she'd leave.  She wasn't downsized.   

Since you think something isn't  "a step UP"  then it must be a mis-step?   LOL!!    Not everything is vertical, as in steps up or steps down.   Sometimes it's just  "a different approach"  .....  so what?

And just HOW is it that you are absolutely sure you know what "all her fans" were thinking?  Are you psychic?

Honestly, I don't know how people come up with this crazy stuff.   SMH    

I said she is now a downsized version of what she was that's a fact -I didn't say she WAS downsized by QVC

and "all her fans" have been and still are on these forums talking about her great career move all the BIG things she had planned and would be -and  that she is an icon etc -thats how I come up with it-

I read

And i hear she's selling from her couch -see how factual and logical that was?

Don't  have to be a psychic to see that and that "crazy stuff" was all posted here about her

I get you like her and all but I'm not the one sounding foolish lashing out at others  over her.......

Honored Contributor

I saw an old Q presentation by Lisa on utube and was reminded about how enjoyable she could be to watch.In my opinion there isn't anyone else to date,who is that naturally comfortable in front of Qs camera.She had a wonderful voice and was well spoken.

Valued Contributor

I just finished cleaning,  sat down to read a few threads .... one thread title caught my eye (this one) ... I read the last three pages and noticed the same four (4) monikers started their usual "pick on the OP".  Come on ladies, are you five years old?   Act like adults and have an intellectual exchange of ideas, not this meaningless back & forth cat fighting!  

Valued Contributor

I wonder why there is not more speculation about Jacque or Albany who left very suddenly and this year.  I just find the LR threads silly at this point.