Frequent Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertoson's little black dress

On 9/23/2014 jonbon said:
On 9/23/2014 SugarBabyJ said:

I just can't understand why LR thinks that those nude wedge sandals look good with everything that she wears.

You know, fashion expert and all...................

It's really difficult to see exactly what they look like. The straps appear to be fairly delicate, the back wedge looks to be sculpted, and from some photos, they almost look like patent leather. Apparently, she likes the look she gets with a wedge -- she's usually going for something to elongate her and add some height, and perhaps she would rather do so without a stiletto heel. Really, it's just personal taste and what she likes, yes?

See post #29.

Super Contributor

Yikes, I noticed I misspelled her last name. My apology, better late than never! {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Contributor

I know it's a matter of personal taste, but the dress was just as described - simple black dress. Nothing to rave about. But, I feel her shoes worn totally messed up the entire outfit. It want from semi-dressy to casual....sorry, just my opinion.

Super Contributor

On 9/23/2014 ivanatrump said:

I think LR's dress is a perfect LBD.

As for why the nude shoes? Many designers use them with everything. Anna Wintaur wears the same nude slingbacks with everything. Stuart Weitzman's Nudist sandal in nude was the most popular shoe on Red Carpets this year.

Stuart Weitzman 'Nudist' Sandal

It's about the style, not the color.

This is not a wedge sandal. This, IMO, is much more dressy and would look lovely with a LBD.

To me, a wedge sandal looks better with a casual/day dress.

I see a substantial platform. Some ladies find these more comfortable when there is a lot of walking or standing involved.

I prefer a more feminine look as in SW's shoe. It seems a lot of ladies like the chunkier look.

Contributor

Sorry, I just don't see the big hype with LR and her "sense of fashion." Honestly, her sense of fashion is not big league.

Valued Contributor

On 9/23/2014 birkin baby said: Nordstrom will have a sales associate help you find the perfect anything and all you need to do is,just try them on. It's so easy. I'm sure many other stores will do the same. I have a favbulous summer and winter black dress that makes me able to grab it if I need it. Whatever LBD,you choose,just don't wear tan casual wedge heels....lol.

LOL, I agree. Weird combination....

Valued Contributor

On 9/23/2014 ivanatrump said:

I think LR's dress is a perfect LBD.

As for why the nude shoes? Many designers use them with everything. Anna Wintaur wears the same nude slingbacks with everything. Stuart Weitzman's Nudist sandal in nude was the most popular shoe on Red Carpets this year.

Stuart Weitzman 'Nudist' Sandal

It's about the style, not the color.

This is not a wedge sandal. This, IMO, is much more dressy and would look lovely with a LBD.

To me, a wedge sandal looks better with a casual/day dress.

I agree. This is an evening/dressy shoe. The wedge is NOT.....

Honored Contributor

I really never like anything she wears. I don't know why either. She spends enough money on them. LOL

I was looking at some La Petite Robe dresses from Neiman Marcus, and there were some really gorgeous ones, prettier than the one LR is wearing.

I have no idea what kind of bag she's carrying. It looks like a wristlet.

Respected Contributor

I thought her outfit was perfect and the shoes ruined the look. They were much too casual for the dress and the bag. I notice that a lot of women do things like that, myself included, put together a great outfit and then make one wrong choice that ruins the look.
Respected Contributor

On 9/23/2014 cosmic1 said: I thought her outfit was perfect and the shoes ruined the look. They were much too casual for the dress and the bag. I notice that a lot of women do things like that, myself included, put together a great outfit and then make one wrong choice that ruins the look.

I agree, the dress was very nice but she should have worn a black or a red heel not tan sandals.

Don't worry, be Happy!