Trusted Contributor

LOOKING FOR A REAL "NAVY" BLAZER - yet IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND?

[ Edited ]

I've been searching for a true Navy blazer with gold or silver buttons (double breasted) for about 10 years now.  I wore my Ralph Lauren out so many years ago.

Anyway, Theory, all the good brand names make them almost black in color, you can hardly tell the difference between blue and black. I gave up.

About 6 months ago I ran into a company called "Generation Love".  The jacket is called "Delilah" and it comes in so many pretty colors.  I own about 4.  Most of them pastels. 

It is a Balmain "dupe" but much better fit. I can't stand French sizing. Gets 5 star reviews.  Go look online. It does have more of a bracelet sleeve which is lovely becase you can show off your nice bracelets.  They give you extra buttons just like "Veronica Beard" does.  I used to buy them but this company sells them for $385 where as VB is now about $800.00.  

It is a crepe fabric, mine came unwrinkled in the box.  If there was one it dissapeared which will be great for travel in suitcase.

This is such a pretty navy.  Very nautical, dress up, down with white shorts, sandals. Good travel piece.

Oh for reference, I'm 5'8", 125  pounds, and take an XS.  Here's some pictures.  It's hard to see in my mirror pic but you will get the idea.  It's a wow and just came out.  Hurry as the colors sell out fast.  They do sell them at Saks and Bloomingdales in several of the shades if you prefer and get points.  I think you get a 10% sign up discount too.

DelilahCrepeBlazer-Navy3_2d11b08b-c3b2-4350-b9de-aa2b76dc8235 white shirt.jpg

20230304_174008 jacket lips.jpg

AG Mila high waist  jeans, Gucci brixton  off white leather with navy, red, white stripe horsebit mule/loafer. As you can see the jacket is not long but I'm longer in leg and shorter from shoulder to waist.

20230304_173856 delilah pic mirror.jpg

Spoiler

I'm wearing an indigo jean so you can see this is navy.

Try their site.  They have other longer blazers which are also very popular as well.  All I can say is they are giving "Veronica Beard" a run for their money.  I cannot tell the difference in quality.  Maybe just a small touch.

Trusted Contributor

Re: LOOKING FOR A REAL "NAVY" BLAZER - yet IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND?

@Pink123 Enjoy wearing your new navy blazer.  It is very satisfying when you find something you have been searching for.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

That's a very pretty blazer.  I know you are going to enjoy it!

I love VB which I found through "Busbee Style".  

Most of my blazer type jackets are black.  I love a white shirt and black jacket.

Trusted Contributor

This is a Veronica Beard empire blazer for comparison. bracelet sleeve length.  I would say this is a bit heavier jacket somewhat.

20190411_134652 short 2.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Well @ECBG  you got your white shirt and black jacket.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pink123 

Very nice!  Where you live, how long can you wear that jacket weight?

I love on old mountains and the temperature goes back and forth while they "yawn their way into spring".

I did fall in love with this jacket and will wear it in about a week and a half!

Benicia Jacket | Veronica Beard

When I saw it, it was an "oooohhhh  ahhhhh" moment"!!!Smiley Happy

I got the "Dickey Jacket" as well.

Did you know this is a company run by 2 women? 

A man with the last name "Beard" married a girl named Veronica.  He also had a sister named Veronica!

Two different women with the name "Veronica Beard"!!!

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG  yes there are 2 Veronica's. They seem to  be sisters in laws whom married well and started their own company. They started opening stores, MIami, New York, retc, until covid hit.  They are now back.

Beautiful quality, but
Generation love runs  a close second for half the price.

Respected Contributor

@Pink123 I was shopping around and remembered your post.

Take a look at Brooks Brothers. I have an older Pendleton with the gold buttons. J Crew has some but would require button exchange. 

Respected Contributor

@Pink123.. your blazer looks fabulous on u. Enjoy it!
I wish I had your long legs.. I’m only 5’1. Lol..
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in Florida and so I just found this picture of the Generation Love Delilah jacket in "tan" taken a few months ago on the 3 cool days we had all season. Ugh...... yep, that was it. No more sweater buying for me. Or boots.

Delilah blazer in "tan", AG mila jean in a medium to light shade. Stuart Weitzman 50/50 over the knee boots in camel. I just bought the new latte color, it is much lighter like cream with a bit of coffee.  Summery.

20221228_172947.jpg

This is a good side shot.  Don't know why I took this pic but I found it.

20221228_173007 side.jpg