Contributor

Pearley if you love the tops probably that means you'll wear them often.  Taking into consideration the cost per wearing factor, the more you wear them, the better the value, no matter what they cost.  I, on the other hand, have dozens of $20 tops I rarely or never wear.  So which of us is the smarter, shopper, lol. 

Honored Contributor

If you can't afford stuff, don't buy it.  You are talking about personal finances. Vendors and designers are in the business to make money.  QVC is in the business to make money.  The don't care, nor should they care about the people cannot afford their merchandise.  No more than Neiman Marcus cares about people who cannot afford to shop at their stores.  No more than Tiffany's cares about people who cannot afford to shop with them.  We all shop with in our budgets and there are price points that are beyond our budgets.  So, we look and we just move on.  

Honored Contributor

@MomCat 

Yes, indeed.  I'm with you on that.  I've been doing that  "look for less" thing for many years.  Long before there was an internet, back when I shopped with catalogs.  It's easier now.  I see a look I love and I don't worry about price;  I just go out and find the pieces I like at prices I like and create the look.  It's actually a lot of fun now that I can do it online.  So, I've never whined about prices or sizes (I'm a 16-18 but I was once a 28-30) because I could always re-create almost any outfit I wanted.  And I did! 

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@keithsmom65 wrote:

I just saw a picture of a peasant type blouse that Lori is selling for $93.95, S&H of $ 3.50, then tax.

This woman started out around $ 45.00 for blouses. Who the heck does she believe she is to get that kind of money for one item? it seems almost every regular designer on QVC has doubled or tripled their original prices. Has your salary doubled or tripled to afford these outlandish prices?

@keithsmom65   First off, it surely would have been helpful if you would have at least identified the product you were referencing.  If you mean the product on the link below (and you may not), the price has been reduced almost in half as a Primetime Special price of around $54.00, a price that won't last.  That said, I bought both colors at the original around-$100 price tag and I absolutely love both of them.  I've never been sorry that I purchased them.  I recommended them in the LOGO forum and poster @Tissyanne   also purchased and loves both (although she may have bought hers As Is or at some other lower price than I paid).  The workmanship in the embroidery is gorgeous, as is the fabric itself.  Each looks quite different from the other in the two different colors, and the blouse brings back very fond memories of my "hippie, flower child days" when I wore peasant blouses in the 1960s.  But none I owned back then was as  beautiful as these two.  And the material lis light-as-a-feather, perfect for the hottest weather when you want to be wearing nothing against the skin at all.

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Lavish-by-Lori-Goldstein-Embroidered-Peasant-Top.product.A305498.html?sc=SR...

ETA - For those interested in purchasing it, I had to go down a size to the xs/s which is no longer available at the reduced price.  I do not recommend getting your regular size - it will be too large.

You are joking about you paying $100 for each top. I am sorry but they look like maternity tops. I have seen tops similar to this on Wal-Mart's fashion site. This is not upscale, it is just expensive. No way would I consider this a must have unless I was expecting. Please stop saying this is expensive looking.

@elated   What  on earth makes you think I am joking?   And since you have never seen nor felt these tops in person (I am sure you don't own them) you certainly have no right to tell me to "please stop saying this is expensive looking" because I have seen and worn them up close and personal and they are.   

By the way, I do not believe you are "sorry" to say they look like maternity tops.  That's exactly what you wanted to say, and not a bit sorry about it.  

Honored Contributor

Re: LOGO FASHIONS

[ Edited ]

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I have that top and love it. The embroidery on it is beautiful. It’s not for you and that’s ok.

@RollTide2008   I'm happy you like yours also.  It is beautiful, and comfortable and unusual.  I love mine and have no regrets about paying what I did for them. I've gotten many times the price of them over in enjoyment and compliments.

@fdfdfs   above makes an excellent point.  Thank you for posting. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Lori looks fabulous in yellow-gold!

06753962-E8D1-461B-A27F-9A0C8DF52A3C.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65 @Pearlee @chrystaltree @fdfdfs @Cumbercookie13 

The top that Lori is wearing in the picture I posted 

A345531
LOGO by Lori Goldstein Mixed Print Top w/ Twisted Neck Detail

is attractive on all shapes of models presented and is a sellout.

I wish this came in a petite length because I know from experience, that length comes down to practically my knees!

This is another plea for a bit shorter tops!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

To each his own. I'm not sure that is the same one, as I remember something like plaid or big checks, I could be forgetting. However, to me, this top referenced look's like an old peasant ladies maternity top. It is not sophisticated at all to me. But if you love it and purchased it, enjoy.

Occasional Contributor

Exactly!!!! I have been saying that all along, her clothes look like rags sewn together why would anyone want to walk around looking like that ? Her rag tops are 60 bucks and above and yes shes laughing all the way to the BANK Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

Her clothing pills like crazy! The layering looks ridiculously silly and Lori is beyond annoying!